• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Hiring Boom?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would call it more of a recall boom then a hiring boom.
Yes but if the recalls have jobs, when they leave that job, it will create another job, and if that pilot leaves a job, it opens another job opening, thus a hiring boom. It has been said one job opening at a major creates five job openings as pilots move up the food chain.

And if they don't have another job(flying) then it doesn't create that cycle.
True, but unless you are on a recall list, it takes a current flying job to get a flying job. So most moves are going create job openings.

We'll keep that in mind the next time you lay off all of your pilots.

As for the "best Da-20 operator in the business"

I'm just going to laugh at you.

:laugh:

I'll try not to trip over your "bar" on my way out....

You know you are a freight dog when you are hired at a major without a 4-yr degree in front of pilots with a 4-yr degree. Why because you’re prospective employer knows you have done and handled just about everything. You are a master at getting the job done. Story comes to mind of freight dog pilot now Capt at Jet blue, his Airbus is diverted due to weather at destination, he knows the pax are hungry. He has been to this airport before, so he calls the FBO on the Skyphone and orders 22 pizzas. How did he know to do that, he had been there and done that before? Freight dogging the breakfast of champions. Anyone can fly an airplane; freight dogs are in a class by themselves.

USA Jet was the finest DA-20 operator in the business. Our training programs were good enough to train anyone who had basic flying skills. USA Jet did all of its training under Part 121 N & O; the DA-20 had 5 weeks of full time ground school prior to starting sim training, which ran one week and 25 hours for F/O's. All DA-20 F/O's received 25 hours of supervised IOE prior to being released to line operations, we observe 100 min time in seat for pairing restrictions and in the past have turned down trips because of only low time pairs available. USA Jet had not hired a Captain off the street since 1998. We have had pilots go to major airlines and tell us, except for fancy bells and whistles, the USA Jet training was as good as they got at their major. DA-20 maintenance was conducted under Part 121, crews were not forced to fly what they considered unsafe airplanes, and a pilot could write up anything and put it in the logbook. We had been inspected many times by both the FAA and outside audit companies, they came away with the same findings: USA Jet was one of the finest operations they had ever seen. We did it right and stood by our standards which went well beyond that required by the FAR’s. While in full time ground school pilots were paid full pay of $35 K per year to start. We have program on track for 6-figure pay in 6 years for all Captains. 11 hard days off every monthly bid period. We established the policy of hard days off and gave the pilot the option of being flown home or getting additional pay for selling their days. No training contract was required, if you did not want to work for us, we would let you go. We had a very low turnover and the pilot who left went to better jobs. We have the highest guaranteed pay of any on-demand operator flying DA-20 sized equipment. We introduced more days off, increased pay, and hard days off to the on-demand industry. Our completion had to match us in order to attract pilots. We raised the bar.

I'm just going to laugh at you.
I suppose that is one way to approach it. No body said JUS was perfect, but a lot of pilots have benefited from a tour at KYIP. That is all I was saying BTW: All of the 2008 lay offs were back by 2009, if they wanted to be. Like layoffs have never happened at any other airplane in the history of aviation.

Last edited:
I'll buy you some mirrors so you don't hit anything while back peddling.

I suppose that is one way to approach it. No body said JUS was perfect, but a lot of pilots have benefited from a tour at KYIP. That is all I was saying BTW: All of the 2008 lay offs were back by 2009, if they wanted to be. Like layoffs have never happened at any other airplane in the history of aviation.

Latest resources

Back