• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you"
"something something... hiring boom"
"It's your baby"

but I doubt it as all it will do is flood the profession with eager newbies that will want to pay for the right to work to get ahead.

If they want to work for a -121 carrier, they will have to pay a LOT, as they will need an ATP (For foreign pilots: the same as the ATPL, and that is the FULL ATPL, not just the written).

It will be very expensive to go from 0 time to ATP, just to get a -121 job.

cliff
SYD

I like the way they cut to a SWA aircraft as the step to the airlines. They forgot to add that you need a shuttle and Lunar module landing to get a interview there.

I like the way they cut to a SWA aircraft as the step to the airlines. They forgot to add that you need a shuttle and Lunar module landing to get a interview there.
Just like 1978, the joke was to get an interview at AAL over age 30 you needed two logged lunar landings

Emirates just lowered their minimums (again), so that 50 seat RJ guys now qualify. The last time EK allowed small RJ guys to apply, was 2008, when regionals were hiring guys with less than 200 hours, and without a Commercial License.

So, when 2008-type hiring situation starts again, what will the regionals do when every new hire they need will have to have an ATP????

cliff
ANC

Emirates just lowered their minimums (again), so that 50 seat RJ guys now qualify. The last time EK allowed small RJ guys to apply, was 2008, when regionals were hiring guys with less than 200 hours, and without a Commercial License.

So, when 2008-type hiring situation starts again, what will the regionals do when every new hire they need will have to have an ATP????

cliff
ANC
Advanced training program will allowed reduced hours. The regionals will get approval to count time in the airplane with the GPU plugged in to count as flight time.

The hiring boom is coming! Soon there will be a large number of very low paying crappy jobs at airlines, as a result, the airlines will find ways to get more people into what are still low paying crappy jobs.

There is a high demand for tomato pickers in GA but it does not follow that wages for that job have gone up ;)

More plausible!!!!!!!

What a crock!!! Tell that to the Astar guys or the folks over at American or United. Pilots that have been out of work for years. Just another ploy by another flight school.

This sounds far more plausible than someone posting a thread saying there is going to be "a big hiring boom" in aviation!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back