• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Hiring Boom?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This sounds far more plausible than someone posting a thread saying there is going to be "a big hiring boom" in aviation!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:
the year is not over, watch the 2012 hiring boom is calling, but there will a shortage of great jobs, but the lower end is already experiencing the shortage of qualified people

Delta's not hiring until 2015. Stick that in your hiring boom bong and rip it.
read above again, there will never be shortage of pilots for great jobs, when they cannot find enough pilots they redefine competitive minimums. Such as the late 90's when NWA and UAL hired pilots without a four year degree

There is and always will be a surplus of pilots.
Not true the lower end the business is having trouble filling classes, I know they are crummy jobs and no one wants them, but there is no surplus there.

Last edited:
And one more time...

Focus....

The supply of pilots does not necessarily impact wages. There will be a strong demand for pilots and low wages.

And one more time...

Focus....

The supply of pilots does not necessarily impact wages. There will be a strong demand for pilots and low wages.
Oh my Gad! I think I agree with cynic

So there's a qualifier with your poor predictions...

"Just you wait for the 2012 pilot hiring boom*"

*jobs may be low wage, high stress positions with bases in less than desirable cities with chance for upgrade exceeding 10 years. Company may also freeze wages and/or declare bankruptcy 7 or 11 or merge with another airline eliminating job security without notice, reason, or logic. Other conditions may apply, see airlines for details. May not comply with union contracts or federal, state, and local laws.

So there's a qualifier with your poor predictions...

"Just you wait for the 2012 pilot hiring boom*"

*jobs may be low wage, high stress positions with bases in less than desirable cities with chance for upgrade exceeding 10 years. Company may also freeze wages and/or declare bankruptcy 7 or 11 or merge with another airline eliminating job security without notice, reason, or logic. Other conditions may apply, see airlines for details. May not comply with union contracts or federal, state, and local laws.
True there will a hiring boom at those places, anyone with mins will get a job, and the good jobs will be less picky about who they hire. Been watching this game for too long not to see this coming. Luck and timing will play bigger part in this process than skill or desire.

Latest resources

Back