Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I'm hearing the Airtran FOs won't be paying for their type rating. That's like getting a $6,000 bonus right off the bat! Wow, what's not to LUV. That's worth a couple numbers right there.

We didnt meet the SWA guys going through 717 training with a credit card machine either. We're even.

It was suggested though ..... :D

My career expectations were to upgrade at some point prior to the tricentennial. So no, expectations not met.

I guess you can choose between a 53% pay raise in April or roll the dice.

You are young enough that it might be worth the gamble. I mean the ISL screws you so badly you'll be number 2 at an airline that didn't even hire you. Surely you will do better in arbitration!

Surely you'll get at least Delta wide body pay for "Boeing's RJ"!

Surely your Atlanta base will be protected in arbitration!

All kidding aside what do you really think you'll accomplish in arbitration? I know you are preaching that the ISL and the contractual benefits are separate ... but Gary Kelly says you are wrong. He has the check book so you might want to listen.

Sitting there and focusing only on one group who is impacted by the aip is like the fed govt saying we don't have enough revenue..

Actually, we don't, but that's for another thread.

Is this merger outcome really any business of yours?

Actually, it is. Because it could set a precedent for SLI mergers down the road.

Hey fubi- you're clearly a troll- but are you saying that IF GK dumps the 717's, that furloughs from that should come from any other place than the air tran pilots?? How does that make sense in your world.

No, I'm saying WHEN the 717s are dumped, the furloughs will come EXCLUSIVELY from ex-AAI pilots under this AIP since they'll be the bottom 650.

So let's talk windfalls...SWA f/os get furlough protection, a decade of Capt. upgrades with associated pay increases, 1.25 override to fly with ex-AAI Capts.

No arbitrator would ever give you guys that much. Sorry.

And as for apples to oranges. SWA is one of the most successful, award winning CORPORATIONS in history. Career expectations cannot and should not be defined in a similar way as previous M&As....And I don't see the red herring in the Atlas comment above. Clearly, there is more to career choice than the size of plane.

But it wasn't always so. SWA used to be a regional with 737s that you had to buy a type rating to get an interview.

Sure, you're on top of the world now, but so was UAL in 1992. And here comes SWA announced shrinkage. How soon before you can't brag that you never furloughed before.

But, I guess that's alright with you since it'll be AAI f/os who get the axe.

And are you really that obtuse about the widebody reference? That applied to a NWA/Republic merger sceanario. Career expectations refers to upgrading to widebody aircraft in a merger.

You guys are just using it to grind the AAI guys under your heel. But stapling is the historical way SWA has always dealt with mergers, so its not unexpected.

Fubar,

Who do you fly for? Really. I believe that you won't honestly tell us because if you do many of us here can point out a not so great SLI in your airlines history. Secondly, why would you care about any airlines Southwest bought in the past since as you say until recently we have been nothing more than a regional airline. Surely any "precedent"
we may have set could never have had any effect on a "First world, wide-body, international airline" that I am certain you sit in the left seat for. Please. Tell us all.

By the way. In an earlier post you called all of us at Southwest a bunch of "overpaid, third world jet jockeys". Okay..... Im alright with that. But what would you then call all of the Airtran guys and gals that you are supposedly so concerned about?

Ace....I think the emperor has no clothes and in your case I think he has an ugly past and is a nasty,arrogant sob who is bitter about his career, past,present and future and wants everyone else to be wallowing in the same misery. I honestly feel sorry for any poor crew member that has to put up your BS. Hopefully you are not the Skipper.

Now do everyone a favor and go analyze the Republic SLI...or United...or Usair or.......

No, I'm saying WHEN the 717s are dumped, the furloughs will come EXCLUSIVELY from ex-AAI pilots under this AIP since they'll be the bottom 650.
You are not even reading the agreement are you?

Your statement is patently false and counter to the AIP, in fact the first to go are about 200 or so SWA shortly thereafter another 200 AT (post announcement pilots) then 1 for 1. Exclusively? Hardly.

Fubar,

Who do you fly for? Really. I believe that you won't honestly tell us because if you do many of us here can point out a not so great SLI in your airlines history. Secondly, why would you care about any airlines Southwest bought in the past since as you say until recently we have been nothing more than a regional airline. Surely any "precedent"
we may have set could never have had any effect on a "First world, wide-body, international airline" that I am certain you sit in the left seat for. Please. Tell us all.

By the way. In an earlier post you called all of us at Southwest a bunch of "overpaid, third world jet jockeys". Okay..... Im alright with that. But what would you then call all of the Airtran guys and gals that you are supposedly so concerned about?

Ace....I think the emperor has no clothes and in your case I think he has an ugly past and is a nasty,arrogant sob who is bitter about his career, past,present and future and wants everyone else to be wallowing in the same misery. I honestly feel sorry for any poor crew member that has to put up your BS. Hopefully you are not the Skipper.

Now do everyone a favor and go analyze the Republic SLI...or United...or Usair or.......

He flies for alaska

Sacha,

Wow. 3 whole posts. You're the man. Guess you don't know everything, eh, Sport?

Funny how you got you're panties in a knot so fast. 3 posts. Amazing.

I guess you missed the whole idea. I commend SWA pilots for being the highest paid 737 pilots in the U.S. You raise the bar for all of us. However, the point was, for your edification, the 737 is the entry level jet in the 3rd world.

So why are you so arrogant? Because you get a big paycheck? Go buy a big watch.

Nurses in Canada knew this about pilots, the bigger the watch the smaller the ... just saying. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back