Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I'm hearing the Airtran FOs won't be paying for their type rating. That's like getting a $6,000 bonus right off the bat! Wow, what's not to LUV. That's worth a couple numbers right there.

As a former Eastern guy, I have seen his type before. My gut feeling is he's a currently a tranny. Formally Valuejet.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Ace. I was on active duty when the EAL debacles went down. Don't work for AAI either, but you just keep dreaming.

BTW, if you're going to insult someone, you should know how to spell it.

I was thinking the same thing. This dribble could only come from a line jumper.

Swing and a miss! The only line jumpers I see are SWA F/Os.

Last edited:
....nobody jumps anything, it's mutually agreed upon, nice try though making it look like SWA FO's control the deal.

Nobody jumps anything? Tell it to the 650 AAI f/os who are getting stapled, banned from upgrading for a decade AND become instant furlough fodder when SWA dumps the 717s.

When the company talks about shrinkage, you don't think they're going to park 737s do you?

You may not control the deal, but you junior SWA f/os are the ones getting the GIANT seniority windfall. And with that windfall comes the upgrade financial windfall as well.

The AAI MEC and pilots are some serious knuckleheads if they vote for this AIP POS.

Nobody jumps anything? Tell it to the 650 AAI f/os who are getting stapled, banned from upgrading for a decade AND become instant furlough fodder when SWA dumps the 717s.

When the company talks about shrinkage, you don't think they're going to park 737s do you?

You may not control the deal, but you junior SWA f/os are the ones getting the GIANT seniority windfall. And with that windfall comes the upgrade financial windfall as well.

The AAI MEC and pilots are some serious knuckleheads if they vote for this AIP POS.

I assumed since you are so engaged on a matter which you are not directly involved in, you would have some remarkable knowledge on the aip. It's becoming quite obvious, however, you simply do no understand the negotiated agreement and the complexities it takes into consideration.

Sitting there and focusing only on one group who is impacted by the aip is like the fed govt saying we don't have enough revenue.

I respect your right to freedom of speech but pointing out the same thing over and over again without pointing to the overall picture has a negative outcome on what you are attempting to illustrate. It's falling on deaf ears.

I'd be happy to point out other groups who also have a negative impact from the aip.

HTML:
Fubar,

If you are not Valuejet, and you are not Southwest. Who then do you fly for that makes you so bitter, angry and verging on hysterical? Is this merger outcome really any business of yours?

I just had breakfast with a Delta bud and we were laughing about the few guys like you that we have known over the years. We met at Eastern and then got hired at Usair just as they were merging three great airlines Piedmont, Usair and PSA. The guys from all those airlines were (are) awesome. Sadly, they took 3 great airlines and turned it into one big not so great airline. We got furloughed after one year and shortly thereafter he ended up at Delta,myself at Southwest. As we reflected back on our careers and all of our friends and our own fathers who have been involved virtually every merger,buyout bankruptcy,strike that you can think of since the early 70's, we came to the conclusion that virtually everyone who enters this business is going to believe they got screwed somehow, someway. Some multiple times. The airline business like Capitalism isn't always fair but me and my Delta bud wouldn't have done it any other way. Both our fathers tried to talk us out of aviation as a career giving us a clear picture of difficulties an airline pilot had faced from just after WW2 until the mid 70's when we started flying. We knew it wasn't going to always be fair. That's why we chose to walk the picket line as opposed to scabbing at Eastern. Then we moved on without anger and bitterness about OUR situation. We certainly didn't get wrapped around the axle about OTHER peoples situations that we were not a part of. We have our opinions, but we wouldn't THINK of ever going on a thread about USAIR/America West where we have a lot of friends at both and rant and rave about fair/unfair, right and wrong.

Last edited:
A rational voice of experience. Nice post sacha

You have now proven your ignorance of the deal and it's furlough provisions.

Ignore list;Fubijaakr

Last edited:
Hey fubi- you're clearly a troll- but are you saying that IF GK dumps the 717's, that furloughs from that should come from any other place than the air tran pilots?? How does that make sense in your world.
And as for apples to oranges. SWA is one of the most successful, award winning CORPORATIONS in history. Career expectations cannot and should not be defined in a similar way as previous M&As.
As I said before, a great many of us, knowingly gave up widebody legacies and prioritized a better, more ethical, more financially sound company over International flying.
And I don't see the red herring in the Atlas comment above. Clearly, there is more to career choice than the size of plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back