Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are an FO you are pissed if you are a Capt you are happy with AIP.

After arbitration I am willing to bet....if you are a Capt you come out happy...if you are currently and FO...you won't be.

Our FO's are pissed about the agreement...so are yours.

I SAY STEP BACK FOR ONE MINUTE.....sure get educated and go vote your conscience (I can't spell)...but come back to this one point...

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THINGS ARE GONNA TURN OUT WELL FOR US.

We may get something great or something crappy...but

SWA has 30 years of profits

We haven't furloughed.

We pay well.

We have good benefits.

And the employees and mgmt seem to get along better than other places...

So after this fight is over go thank your God that you live in the US, you work for a great company, and you have the privlidge...privladge..privl..that you are one lucky bastard to have such a great charmed life compared to 99% of the other 4 billion on the planet!

Seriously...do you remember seeing old airline pilots bitching about their 6 figure incomes and thinking...what an ass.....?

I do.

So lets not forget even if I got totally SCREWED in this deal, tomorrow I still get paid well to do a job I still enjoy....

Good luck and if you get screwed make your Capt buy you beers, burritos and coffee until you feel better about making 6 figures to swing gear....

So I should take a job at Atlas so my expectations would improve.

You do know the difference between apples and oranges, don't you?

Man, you Luvvers are good red herring fishermen.

Fubi is angry and bitter about something. As a former Eastern guy, I have seen his type before. My gut feeling is he's a currently a tranny. Formally Valuejet. Before that, an Eastern Scab. His tone and tenor fit the profile. Nuff said.

I was thinking the same thing. This dribble could only come from a line jumper.

Actually, its IS a merger of equals. Your career expectation was to be a 737 CA. So was AAI's. That's all that really matters.

Career expectations historically ONLY refers to widebody vs. narrowbody upgrade potential.

Not when. Not at what pay. Wide vs. narrow...period.

You guys sold yourselves on the idea that because they are getting a pay raise, YOU should get preferential upgrades.

The only thing unequal in this SLI discussion is the origination date of Air Tran vs. SWA. Everything else is B.S.

Face it, YOU want to jump the line for a CA upgrade. YOU want to relegate the AAI F/Os to a decade of indentured servitude because for some unknown reason, you seem to think you are somehow superior because you were willing to buy a type rating to get hired at SWA.

Here's an uncomfortable factoid for you...it wasn't too long ago that SWA was just a glorified regional airline that paid like a regional. It was the place where you went when you couldn't get hired by a legacy.

All you had to do was buy a type rating and you're in like Flint.

Now just because you get paid a lot, doesn't mean you're any better or worse than any other 737 pilot. Don't forget, the 737 is the entry level jet in most of the third world.

So where does that leave you? An overpaid, third-world jet jockey who had to buy his type rating to get his seniority number.

I just can't figure out where the arrogance comes from.

Sadly, you're wrong on both counts. I don't hate SWA. I'm just mystified how come all you SWA F/Os who post here grew such big egos. They probably go with your big watches.

I'll never forget my PA IP's response when I asked him how he liked being a SWA pilot. "Well," he said, "I fly 8 legs a day and never leave Texas."

That comment came to mind when I was talking to a SWA CA outside the hotel the other morning. He was going coast to coast, but it was going to take him 5 legs and all day to get there.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

OMG I just threw up laughing. That describes Redflyer perfectly, "an overpaid third world jetjocky.". He'll never see it though, because he and other Corndogs on here are blinded by their payrates and the brown cloud emanating from the hotel bathroom in El Paso after eating the chicken quesadilla at the bar. Stay classy El Paso, and corndog overpaid third world jet jockies!

OYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back