Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
netjetwife said:
I'm not trying to alienate, only inform. The union's position was posted on the ASAP board several days ago. The MEC member that wrote the post did so as a clarification to earlier information/posts on the subject which were made before the IBT had given Local 1108 guidance in this strike area.

While, it may not be the personal opinion of some of the NJ pilots posting here; nonetheless, it IS the position of the IBT and of Local 1108. It is only fair that other pilots are informed that this decision WAS MADE AND IS POSTED on the NJASAP board. It doesn't seem right to give those affected by flying struck work false hope...:( NJ pilots can find the post in the HB section. If the chance that the NJ pilots will have to strike increases in coming weeks, we will all hear (or see, as the case may be) more on the subject--whether we want to or not--I'm afraid.

I should think that getting "blind-sided", by a repercussion they were told they didn't have to worry about, would do more damage than simply apprising someone of the situation.

Go read the definition of a scab .... IT DOESN'T APPLY TO THIS SITUATION !

The definition is right there in black and white on the ALPA master scab list.. I think what we're dealing with here is a nasty combination of idiots who can't read... Thanks for the warning. :rolleyes: Noone gives a s%$t (including the more reasonable majority of your own membership), but thanks for the warning ...

Diesel said:
I'll say it again and again.

Fly a QS tail while on Strike you're a scab.

Fly a charter while we're on strike you're just doing your job. No harm no foul

Please don't alienate guys out there that aren't in the same position we are in regards to union protection.

Last edited:
Diesel said:
I'll say it again and again.

Fly a QS tail while on Strike you're a scab.

Fly a charter while we're on strike you're just doing your job. No harm no foul

Please don't alienate guys out there that aren't in the same position we are in regards to union protection.

Hey Diesel,

Stuff like what netjetwife posts is being spread around the charter community. Guys that were, a few weeks ago, talking to their charter coordinators about not taking NJ trips, are now doing a 180. Any support NJ pilots might have garnered form charter pilots goes completely out the window when people like netjetwife start sputtering this nonsense about charter pilots being scabs.

If she is going to continue to try to "educate" us poor stupid charter pilots, then maybe your union should at least give her the right message. She's hurting your cause. I used to be a supporter but after reading her comments there's no way I can support nj pilots.

English said:
Hey Diesel,

Stuff like what netjetwife posts is being spread around the charter community. Guys that were, a few weeks ago, talking to their charter coordinators about not taking NJ trips, are now doing a 180. Any support NJ pilots might have garnered form charter pilots goes completely out the window when people like netjetwife start sputtering this nonsense about charter pilots being scabs.

If she is going to continue to try to "educate" us poor stupid charter pilots, then maybe your union should at least give her the right message. She's hurting your cause. I used to be a supporter but after reading her comments there's no way I can support nj pilots.

Amazing .... I'm witnessing the same phenomenon ... I think that collective "up-yours" I forecast is starting to materialize .

Straight from the Unions mouth this week. According to Teamsters National anyone flying QS CUSTOMERS will be flying struck work. Teamsters are in contact with the other unions about this work action and that it is properly rated with ALL UNIONS...meaning that there will be a clear line explained to everyone about who is and who is not a scab coming from YOUR union (if you have one).

Our local was the one that stated that charter guys would not be scabs...however, Teamsters national did some investigating and stated that they indeed would be.

Don't shoot the messenger.

bluepost said:
Straight from the Unions mouth this week. According to Teamsters National anyone flying QS CUSTOMERS will be flying struck work. Teamsters are in contact with the other unions about this work action and that it is properly rated with ALL UNIONS...meaning that there will be a clear line explained to everyone about who is and who is not a scab coming from YOUR union (if you have one).

Our local was the one that stated that charter guys would not be scabs...however, Teamsters national did some investigating and stated that they indeed would be.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Exactly, charter pilots have no union ... Yep, sounds like the work of your average Teamster to me (I'm a former member) ...

For the last time I'll ask someone to explain to me how this could possibly be enforced. Where will you get the names of these charter pilots? There's no way to make good on this threat.

Guys,

The pilots who are, in the case of your strike, going to be flying your customers are the absolute best resource and weapon you will have! They are in direct face to face contact with the frax shareholders, and will no doubt be asked many questions from them about your situation. And yes, we know exactly who we are flying, and if they are NJ customers. Right now because of this stupid nonsense about scabs and 135, there are less and less 135 guys who will care to even try to help your cause when talking to your customers. Your union needs to address this right NOW if you want any support at all from the outside world. You need to send out correct info to 135 companies, ALPA, pilots etc about how this will be handled, and put an end to this BS or we will have an incredible incentive, and amount of power to weild against your cause when we are being attacked for doing our jobs. If I ever hear even a rumor that my name is being slandered I will take every oppurtunity to slam your cause to the shareholders that I can, and I will not be alone. If your union is going to take the position to try to prevent 135 pilots from flying thier trips then you have just killed off the best propoganda tool you could hope to have.

I know that almost all of the NJ pilots know this, and I hope for them that they can be successful in this. Piloting absolutely deserves the professional respect and salary of any other important and highly skilled career. Unfortunately the path of NJ, as I see it from the outside, can only get worse no matter the outcome of this. Your management has nothing but hostility towards your cause, and will never act other than to rid themselves of the union and keep the costs of labor as low as they can get away with. Never. It has gone the same for the airlines for decades and look where they are now. No pilots should be paid as little as so many are and I honestly hope you guys can change things and set a great precedent for your industry. On the other hand the reason the situation exists in the first place is that pilots are always going to accept a job for nothing just to get flight time. Management knows this and will exploit it. If no one accepts a job then the salaries go up across the board overnight. Sounds simple, right?;)

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
I'm not trying to alienate, only inform. The union's position was posted on the ASAP board several days ago. The MEC member that wrote the post did so as a clarification to earlier information/posts on the subject which were made before the IBT had given Local 1108 guidance in this strike area.

Don't hide behind the 'Union'. If you didn't WANT this, you would FIGHT your union on this point. It is YOUR union, YOU have a say. So, if you're still hiding behind "I'm just the messenger", give it up. This is what YOU want and the 91/135 world hates you for it.

That, my dear, is the plain, cold truth. My buddies are discusted that a group of peers would put up with their union on this point.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Don't hide behind the 'Union'. If you didn't WANT this, you would FIGHT your union on this point. It is YOUR union, YOU have a say. So, if you're still hiding behind "I'm just the messenger", give it up. This is what YOU want and the 91/135 world hates you for it.

That, my dear, is the plain, cold truth. My buddies are discusted that a group of peers would put up with their union on this point.

Ace

This is very entertaining.... They shout, "MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME!!!! MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME !!!"

After this announcement it's, "don't shoot the messenger ?" (insert sounds of crickets chirping) Hilarious ... :D

Last edited:
A bunch of Netjet pilots (and one wife) sitting around trying to defne what a SCAB is.....

truly priceless.

Last edited:
Iceberg?

You might want to read the 10Q, as revenue from fractional share sales was off pretty significantly (more than 30% over 2004) at NetJets in Q1. The "demand" Mr. Santulliwas referring to was in flight hours, and that high demand led to a whole lotta charter. That charter costs a lot more than what the owners pay to get their fractional hours, and cost the company millions. The fractional model is broken, and NetJets management simply hasn't got the market power to support higher wages for the pilots. Customers will simply go elsewhere, until the entire fractional segment is priced correctly. There is no "rising tide" in this business.

Fractional is a time-building career step for pilots, period. It never, ever will be anything else. The customers simply don't value it enough to be more than that. Some might, but not enough.

Sounds like someone on the Titanic has sighted an iceberg, but so what full speed ahead.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back