Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kilroy said:
I'm a 135 pilot and I'd hate to be labaled a scab. So with that in mind if American Airlines went on strike and there passengers that got stranded flew on Delta instead does that make the Delta pilot a scab ???? I'm not sure what is wrong or right but I don't think other charter operators that end up flying some NJ pax should be labaled a scab. Good luck guys hope you get want you need and deserve.

The difference, as it has been explained to me, between that airline example and the NJ situation, is the PRIMARY PURPOSE of the flight. In your example, the pilot was already taking the flight with his/her company's px, regardless if others climbed aboard. Charter pilots taking a flight that was arranged by NJA to fly NJ px, are flying struck work. They are replacing the NJ pilots that are trying to legally apply leverage to the company, as a last resort.

No one rushes into a strike; it is seen as a last option. After all this time--3.5 yrs--and a much stronger negotiating team backed up by pilot surveys, it should be obvious that the NJ pilots have tried hard to work things out. They are currently using informational picketing to get their message across. IF the pilots are FORCED into a strike, wouldn't you agree that shorter is better? The more pilots standing together for fair wages the stronger they will be and the quicker a resolution will be found.

I just thought giving a fair warning was the right thing to do. If there are less NJ pilots discussing the issue now, it is because they believe that management also reads this board--a reasonable assumption--and aren't willing to get into any conversations from which the other side may glean information. I'd like to make a different request from my original pitch for support. It goes back to what we were taught as children. :) IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, PLEASE DON'T SAY ANYTHING. This has nothing to do with avoiding your ire; it is all about asking charter pilots not to let management know where you stand on the issue. If you don't care and will take the flights anyway, then please, at least, keep that to yourself. Can't you do that small favor for pilots that are risking a lot to pull wages up for everyone in the industry?

To those of you who have said something nice, our thanks!

netjetwife, you should just drop this. While we all support you, no one ... I mean NO ONE is going to risk their job in support of a company that do not work for. Especially if you do not have representation.

Just drop it and say thank-you for the kind words. You are losing this one and look like an idiot the more you write about it.

NJw
do not want to get into conversation where Management can "glean" any information?

You remind me of my children playing "comando" in the back yard.

Charter companies are not other "countries" that you are getting to support your cause and asking to chip in financially so your family can succeed. They are real people with real mortgages who chose not to work at net jets.

This is not about "integrity" as you have suggested- it is about money- your money. NOT my money, not charter pilots money...it is about YOUR husbands paycheck and how many hours he has to work to earn it.

If it was about "integrity and respect" as you have said, you are saying your "integrity and respect" can be bought and sold with a better contract.

I have more faith in your integrity than that.

G100 Driver, please reread my post above yours. Didn't I basically just do as you request, complete with the thanks for the kind words? My post was directed at Kilroy who HAD expressed concern and asked a question. I felt that he deserved an answer. From now on, as far as this subject is concerned, I'll be replying only to posts like that. The union's position has been made known (yes the explanation I posted came from the top) and I'm under no illusions about the feelings of SOME--how many remains to be seen-- of the charter pilots. We have agreed to disagree, and I DO understand their reason, just as I see the NJ pilots' reasoning.

Quoting from the May 10th NY Times--"Steady growth is being seen in fractional shares, in the hiring of charter business jets, and in time cards...." In this article we learn that NJ saw a 28% increase in their contracts in 2004, over 2003 levels. Now it is only fair to address business for THIS year, as well. According to Mr. Santulli, "The demand we've had in the last four to five months has been incredible."

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS--FRACTIONAL AND CHARTER

ALL PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY

I'm under no illusions about the feelings of SOME--how many remains to be seen-- of the charter pilots.

NJW,
actually you are falling prey to an illusion if you think the threat of a "scab list" is going to make ANY CHARTER PILOT think twice about DOING HIS JOB. I wasn't sure earlier but am now COMPLETELY convinced that the "scab list" threat demonstrates your union's lack of confidence that a strike will do anything but cause your owners (customers) to simply take their business else where and leave your pilot group with noth'n. IMHO the problem you guys have is that a strike is not just against your management but may also be seen as a strike against your owners(A.K.A customers). Now thats a tough situation to be in.

Good luck,
Johnny

As I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree. But thanks for wishing us luck.

Latest AIN alerts indicates that NJA Pilot's Union and NJA Management further apart now than before the informational picketing conducted during the recent share holders meeting. Anyone care to comment as to the validity of this article?

netjetwife said:
I just thought giving a fair warning was the right thing to do.

Here's fair warning for the right thing for you to do...get a job and stop living vicariously through your husband!

Don't read too much into this...we have been close on most, but FAR away on the things that count.

I do not feel the IP has contributed to us being farther apart. If anything it has helped our postion with our owners. A few are opening up to crews on the road, and they know a load of BS when they see it and have said as much.

Eagle, did the article give any specifics? I'll look for it when I go out in a few days.

English-

that was harsh to NJW- In some families, the husband and wife work as a team. If there is one thing you have to respect is her teamwork and support to her marriage and their committment for her to be home with her children. There is no fault there.

you can disagree with her politics but she DOES have a job- she is raising kids.

Latest resources

Back