Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Viffer said:
Guys,

The pilots who are, in the case of your strike, going to be flying your customers are the absolute best resource and weapon you will have!

I'm supposed to believe that a pilot flying for a charter company is going to tell our owners how great we are and that our demands are reasonable while flying struck work? Your post is laughable.

Starman said:
I'm supposed to believe that a pilot flying for a charter company is going to tell our owners how great we are and that our demands are reasonable while flying struck work? Your post is laughable.

I'll agree with you on that one. However, it's no more laughable than assuming ANY 135 guy/gal is going to give a #$it about this scab threat ... :rolleyes:

Starman said:

Read the post genious. I said that we are a tool that can help or hurt you if you are smart enough to realize that. And the only pilots that will have any face time with your real bosses will be 135 pilots. Can you name any one else would even have the chance to say anything to those people? My point is that if you and your kind continue to toss around threats at us we will not support you in any way shape or form, and at that point in time you all will have no one pulling for you. What's laughable is that you and the few who keep up with this scab BS can't see that. After reading this I am done with this meaningless saga. If NJ goes down so much the better for the rest of the 91 world. It's just too bad that the majority opinion of your pilot group is so outshadowed by the few ignorant, closeminded and outspoken members like you. Adios amigo, I hope you enjoy your time trying to add my name to your 'list'.:rolleyes:

h25b said:
I'll agree with you on that one. However, it's no more laughable than assuming ANY 135 guy/gal is going to give a #$it about this scab threat ... :rolleyes:

This thread must represent the legendary "brotherhood" of pilots everyone keeps talking about. You know, the "brother/sister" references. One thread refers to someone's "Alaskan Brethern". There once was a saying concerning rank among Warrant Officers and virtue among whores. Seems it may apply to any "brotherhood" among pilots.

For an outsider, it is almost comical to see one group of employees threating another. Maybe McDonald's employees can organize and make a list of "scab" Burger King workers who dared serve struck work french fries to a customer who would have otherwise had to satisfy the craving under the golden arches.

Somehow it seems that if you can command more money, you would have it. If you can easily replace your income elsewhere, you would do it. If the company operates in an unsafe manner, you would leave it. Could be that some will do almost anything for the chance to be a "professional" pilot and as such, the struggle to dictate the price of your commodity becomes a very difficult task indeed.

Question for the NetJet guys; is there a shortage of qualified applicants for current positions at your company at the present time, given the pay and benefits offered? If so, I would guess you can write your own ticket. If not, you may not have such an easy time.

Starman said:
Your post would probably have more impact if you could at least spell genius correctly.

Thanks for the correction.

I would like to thank all of those who have chosen to respond to these posts, who have helped me realize that your cause is not worth even as little effort as it takes to write these posts. You will all realize at some point that all pilots benefit from the gains of the different pilot groups in the industry. When a large pilot pool goes down there are negative effects throught each sector. Also when one group makes gains there are positives as well. Since you cant understand what I'm talking about here is the simple version: You all need as many friends as you can get right now, but you would rather make threats against those few you had. There are outside pilots who still wish you all the best but as of now I am not one of them. To actively foster such animosity towards those outside of your struggle is shortsighted and stupid. From this point I will stay out of your problem and not give it a second thought.

It's really surprising that so many folks are taking an attempt to educate as "animosity." NO ONE wishes to label another pilot a "scab." Pilots would much rather have brother pilots stand together. Stand up for each other and you'll rise higher together. On the other hand, let your brothers down and it lets us all down.

If NetJets refuses to fly it, you should refuse, too. Make it easy on yourself - - if you think there's a chance, let your employer know where you stand now. The advance notice might prevent him from committing to something that he can't deliver. You don't want him to be put in a bind. The "Heads Up" could make the difference.

CHARACTER - - doing what's right even when nobody's looking.

You'll always have yourself to live with, so ... Whatever makes you happy ...

? ? ? ? ? ?

You'll know ...

TonyC said:
NO ONE wishes to label another pilot a "scab."

Really ??? You seem to use the term pretty loosely . :rolleyes:

TonyC said:
On the other hand, let your brothers down and it lets us all down.

If NetJets refuses to fly it, you should refuse, too.

Please stop with the "brothers/sisters" stereo-typical tag line... It's really stupid.

Again, some people's ignorance of the 135/charter world is amazing...

TonyC said:
CHARACTER - - doing what's right even when nobody's looking.

I for one need no character lessons from flightinfo.com, but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

TonyC said:
You'll always have yourself to live with, so ... Whatever makes you happy ...

You at least got that one right ... But wait a minute, what about our "brothers?" Won't I always have them to live with as well ? :confused:

Last edited:
Oh boy, not the pilot union Brother talk again...

Yeah...lets all be "Brothers"...

"Brothers" who happily took jobs at 1/3 of what they should have paid..

You got my support "Brother".:rolleyes:

Im just thankful my real Brother would never fark me like my average fractional "Brother" has.

You guys have been bringing down the industry working for laughable wages for years, you volunteered for it - nobodys taking anything away from you...Now you want support from the industry YOU scabbed for the last 10 years?? You aint getting much aside from 4 or 5 clowns here and one nutty wife.

Scab list? Having Netjets on your resume is pretty much the same in the corp world anyways!

anyhow, just curious also,,...does a Fedex pilot stop flying packages that might have gone on UPS if his "Brothers" strike?....or is he a SCAB also? How does he sleep at night?
My guess...just fine.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back