Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
2. Level with their boss? You're kidding right? Charter boses aren't there to let you earn a paycheck without working. Either you fly the plane or you're out. PERIOD. Charter companies are doing quiet well on NJA's tailcoats plus of their own customers who fractional doesn't work out for. You either fly or you've got serious problems with your boss. Current charter pilots want to chime in?

Doesn't matter if they chime in...she will just tell them that they need to go along with whatever they're told because otherwise they "might" be labeled scabs and ruin their career. Of course, she's only saying they need to be careful because she's looking out for THEIR best interest.

I still am not 100% sure if the charter pilot scab threat is truly something that came from the 1108. If so, I'd like to speak personally with whoever is responsible for that. It's a chickensh!t thing to do.

Flying NJA aircraft during a strike is definitely, without a doubt scabbing...but guys flying their own company airplanes, who have ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION BY THE UNION, are certainly not scabs.

scab list-

I went looking for a pilot scab list online- I found one- from 1989 Australian Air strike. That was it. There were so many names on it, I wondered how many people were on strike. All other web sites I found have been deleted.

Am I missing something? Where is this "scab list?"

Scab or no scab, there are a lot of charter pilots in their late 40's-50's and 60's, who are on their 12th job in their career. They could care less about any label you give them, and their next employer in the charter business could care less about any label.

I'm a 135 pilot and I'd hate to be labaled a scab. So with that in mind if American Airlines went on strike and there passengers that got stranded flew on Delta instead does that make the Delta pilot a scab ???? I'm not sure what is wrong or right but I don't think other charter operators that end up flying some NJ pax should be labaled a scab. Good luck guys hope you get want you need and deserve.

h25b said:
... pilot resumes automatically hit the shredder because your company tried unsuccessfully to shut us down twice.

Now that is what is truly "juvenile." That really hurts NJA the company, which you saw as a threat (sarcasm). By shredding resumes of pilots that had nothing to do with it? Most businesses try to hire/lure employees from competitors.

And the flip side:

Pilots trying to leave NJA to seek something better (for themselves or the industry) which is something you want, and you turn your back on them.

What a lack of class. The pilots had nothing to do with your fear of "shut down," but they are the ones you/they hold accountable?

NJA Capt said:

What a lack of class. The pilots had nothing to do with your fear of "shut down," but they are the ones you/they hold accountable?

Wasn't my decision... Just giving you an example of the contempt that already exists as you set off down the road of this scab-list idea... Right or wrong this is what happens at more than a few departments... Seen it in action.

Lack of class ??? I think you should point that assertion to ASAP where it truely lies. You're speaking of accountability, you and netjetwife must smoke from the same pipe. Tell me how the 135 guys/gals are accountable for your situation. They have nothing to do with this.

Your "lack of class" and accountability BS is kind of a pot call ...:rolleyes: Like I said in a previous post, I hope you do get a good deal for exactly the reason you state. It'll make it harder for NetJets to come in to traditional flight departments and make their case.

Last edited:
FAcFriend said:
scab list-
FAcFriend said:
I went looking for a pilot scab list online- I found one- from 1989 Australian Air strike. That was it. There were so many names on it, I wondered how many people were on strike. All other web sites I found have been deleted.

Am I missing something? Where is this "scab list?"

I tried some time back to ascertain if such a list exists or if it is an urban myth. I asked specific questions concerning origin, maintenance, distribution, etc on this forum. The only response I received displayed a list of names that were supposedly Freedom Air pilots. It may be that this item is the property of ALPA or some other union and as such is not available to non-union workers.

My guess is that it is an intimidation tactic. If not, NetJetWife could you give me some info on such a list and its operation? Who exactly is responsible for compiling, distributing and maintaining the list? Is there is a statute of limitations with such a list? If a charter pilot were to be added to such a list and subsequently be hired at another charter operation, would that entire organization be added to the scab list? Is the list only meaningful at the level of employment represented by the major airlines?

Any chance it is an empty threat?

h25b said:
Wasn't my decision...

But you were more than welcome to throw it around to suit your needs. I challenge you to find in my post, ANYTHING regarding ASAP, SCABS, or anything not directly referred to in YOUR post. Don't go dragging that other mess in there to distract people, I said nothing about that and I'm not getting drug into that debate. Nor did I say anything about 135 guys being accountable.....I said your company's decision to blame NJA pilots for their dislike of NJA (the company) was, to use your word, juvenile.

Now here's an ironic observation:
A few short years ago, non-EJA pilots were complaining about our union not having a backbone, not doing anything, and our low pay.

NOW:
Now we have a union in place that has some real teeth and are doing something about "the problems," and suddenly we are being accused of asking for too much. :confused:

I've worked at a couple major corporations, at one of which NetJet's pilot resumes automatically hit the shredder because your company tried unsuccessfully to shut us down twice. Not threatening you at all, that would be juvenile
I'm trying to understand your logic. In this post you talk about shredding NJA pilot applications for the actions of the company (NJA) trying to "shut you down twice".

If Netjets was so mean to you, why would you even consider doing a charter for them? After all, they tried to shut you down "twice"!

I guess your answer is to shred applications, maybe that will prevent Netjets from trying to shut you down a third time. Sounds a little juvenile to me.

Latest resources

Back