Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jtf
I am in the top 20 to be recalled. Thank you very much for doing what you did and continue to do. Please also tell others that you talk to on line that do the same I said thank you as well. While I am paying my bills fine and my family is fine I have to maintain 2 jobs to do it. So I am in the I would take the recall right now if it were offered. Thank you again.

Spoke with an XLS crew today in the van to the same hotel today. Both pilots seemed quite unhappy with the situation at Netjets complaining that:

1. Understaffed (reason why you need to bring furloughees back)
2. Shorter overnights leading to much higher fatigue levels
3. No real movement from fleet to fleet unless your fleet loses airplanes
4. Claimed certain fleets are proving very unreliable (thank goodness CL350s are coming)
5. Claimed many FOs "talking" about applying to legacies but waiting to see new contract terms

It was an eye-opening conversation but I always take them with a grain of salt, but I have heard this theme consistently recently. Tough situation. I hope some furloughees get called back gradually to provide some schedule relief (especially with the busy holidays approaching) because QOL sounded like it has degraded. Makes you wonder how many furloughees now employed elsewhere (e.g., Jet Blue, Part 91, etc.) would even consider returning to be on the bottom of that list...

Spoke with an XLS crew today in the van to the same hotel today. Both pilots seemed quite unhappy with the situation at Netjets complaining that:

1. Understaffed (reason why you need to bring furloughees back)

Some fleets are. Some fleets aren't. Overall, my WAG is we're currently about 150 short due to training float and increased demand.

2. Shorter overnights leading to much higher fatigue levels

That happens when computers do most of the scheduling with ZERO lookback at the crew's previous workload.

Getting a LITTLE better with the arrival of new airframes.

4. Claimed certain fleets are proving very unreliable (thank goodness CL350s are coming)

Some fleets have always had more "issues" than others. If anything, the previously reliable fleets are starting to have more problems primarily due to age and short-sighted maintenance policy.

5. Claimed many FOs "talking" about applying to legacies but waiting to see new contract terms

Good surfers ride the FRONT of a wave. This contract fight will be another 24 months, minimum. Why wait to apply? You can ALWAYS say no. Anybody at NJA with a 4 digit seniority number and still in the career window for a legacy that isn't applying to every legacy even considering adding pilots, needs to rethink. Immediately.

It was an eye-opening conversation but I always take them with a grain of salt, but I have heard this theme consistently recently. Tough situation. I hope some furloughees get called back gradually to provide some schedule relief (especially with the busy holidays approaching) because QOL sounded like it has degraded. Makes you wonder how many furloughees now employed elsewhere (e.g., Jet Blue, Part 91, etc.) would even consider returning to be on the bottom of that list...

Degradations in QOL on the road have many causes including, but not limited to, Jordy and the union-busting playbook, metrics and the union-busting playbook, schedulers and the union-busting playbook, and the vagaries of this stupid career we hate to love. Or love to hate. Or something like that.

Did I mention the union-busting playbook?

Just for the record I'm in the Falcon and was offered to start a day early this week. It seems to be more and more prevalent lately. Needless to say I did not dignify their request with a response.

Anyone FO not taking a good hard look at the legacies, given a longish career still, should have their head examined.....if ya wait til after a NJA contract you'll be about 3 years too late.

Of course sugar momma's, independently wealthy or special situations are the exception. But if you're a normal everyday Joe not married to a Dr. What are ya waiting for.... Upgrade into a Phenom after a 15+ year stint as a SIC????

Pretty good summary of what's going on.

This particular issue has done a fine job of ticking-off the group.

Officially, the company has declared every fleet type "in disposal" which allows them to displace pilots into other fleets at will.

Seniority has little bearing on who goes where.

They're able to do this by exploiting a loophole within the contract (which I can't fault them for utilizing, considering it's most likely saved them lots of $$ in training costs), but that doesn't make it any more palatable.

Last edited:
Earlier in the day I run into a captain I used to fly with at NJ. He declared it would be a matter of months for recalls to start. Running ragged and no way they can keep the pace through the busy season. 3 hours later, different FBO, different NJ captain I used to fly with told me it would be years. Nothing will happen until a contract is signed at that will take some time. So that's the latest I heard from guys on the road.

Latest resources

Back