• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest evaluates -800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many domestic citites does Mother Delta serve?

I have no idea. I'm just curious.

Check back when Southwest is 80. Then we'll be able to really compare.

For now I hope that "all ya'll" think we're nothing more than a nickel and dime airline and are absolutely no threat to your customer base.

Gup

ps. I will add that Southwest is the only airline I know of, anywhere, that has a ZERO DOMESTIC CODESHARE clause in their pilot contract.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Gup,

No RJ Codeshare, which means you have a target on your chest.....

You really showed me who's the boss.....ouch, I'm hurt. Pretty soon, you'll see the next LCC du jour (That's french, something I picked up on a layover in FRANCE) doing your flying for the SWA empire Internationally, meanwhile you idiots will hold water for Lance Captains, all the while not realizing that YOU NEED LESS CAPTAINS IF YOU RUN THIS STUPID PROGRAM. All on Herb turd time Baby.....yep, it's a shame that SWA is now the model....

Good luck on getting to 80.....You just got your VNAV and Autothrottles turned on, so you guys are the $hit, I should back way off the lower 48 experts.

Come to think of it, getting to 80 shouldn't be a problem for you, the way you guys whine to the government to try to compete (love field, slots in LGA, No MX fines) , you set a great precedent for growth. :)

Hey Scope, SWAPA member...no. Sorry to disappoint you. Zero fixation on your part....oh, sure. 1600+ rants tell otherwise.
Ok then, southwest brown noser. If you want to work there, great for you. Seems that by the posters on here, all you need is a checkbook! So which outfit is it that you work for?

Sellouts, in a way, yes. Any legacy that contracts RJ's to do mainline flying and that is approved by the union are selling out the bottom and future members of their seniority list.
I'm not disagreeing with you. But you're trying to compare to the number of cities (domestically) that DL serves vs the 69 that sw serves.

The sad thing is that no one looks backwards or entertains future ramifications when contracts are due. The "what's in it for me" and "I've got mine" runs rampant. Gup is right, zero domestic codeshare in their contract. Do you have that in yours?
I'll say it again, that's real easy when you're cherry picking cities and routes and picking out 69 out of how many markets in the US?

I suspect that may have been an issue with the rejection of their first TA. Can't wait to see how you spearhead your Sec. 6. I commend you for stepping up. For now, there are still RJ's on the property and mainline flying your DALPA brothers are not doing. I believe you and APA had mainline, dues paying pilots furloughed while outsourced flying was in place (see Comair, ASA, Eagle...). Unity???
I don't disagree with you.

Also, please enlighten us on what SWAPA is thinking. You seem to know so much of what is going on over there. The end of the 50 seater is a good start, the larger RJ's are still a problem. Only sky high fuel costs will kill the high seat-mile cost of the RJ. Probably why SWA doesn't use them. Beware of the EMB's. They're more competitive, don't forget those when you go to Sec.6.

I couldn't tell you, nor could I care less what the swapa sellouts are thinking. They brought on pay for training, and were the catalysts for age 65, selling out the junior guys. They're worse then any alpa organization.

Hey Bill,

Just a couple of clarifications to your post. No RJ codeshare is correct but it's actually a domestic codeshare restriction. If Gary Kelly wants any other airplane in the USofA flying our customers it will be owned and flown by SWA and SWAPA pilots.

I got my panties in a wad over the lance program because those guys had the rules to the game changed in mid-stream and they got screwed. Trust me, I would welcome more actual captain seats but you have no idea of the amazing flexibility that program offers us.

Gup

Scope, I don't need to work there and my checkbook is just fine and healthy.

I never mentioned the number of cities each airline flies to or any other BS you spew.
When it comes to bashing SWAPA, how many RJ's are flying their mainline routes?

You're just another one of several Delta pilots on this board who LUV to trash ol' SWA. I'd much rather fly with Gup than you any day.
Get you own place in order and seek some help with this obsession.

Last edited:
Scope, I don't need to work there and my checkbook is just fine and healthy.
Great for you, although I think you'll find the interview process very easy as defined by the posters on this board. All you need is to cough up the $$ and you're in! Unless of course, you're moon-dog.:laugh:

I never mentioned the number of cities each airline flies to or any other BS you spew.
When it comes to bashing SWAPA, how many RJ's are flying their mainline routes?
I'm sorry, I must have missed it in the last post, who was it you said you worked for?
swapa doesn't have to sell out on rj's, they're doing just fine on the sellout of their junior folks by doing other things, like lance captains, age 65 catalysts, and pay for training.

You're just another one of several Delta pilots on this board who LUV to trash ol' SWA. I'd much rather fly with Gup than you any day.
Get you own place in order and seek some help with this obsession.

So, that makes you just another southwest brown noser on this board who LUV to suck sack with the pft crowd! Unfortunately for you, you can only fly with gup if you buy your job there, and he upgrades. And at the rate they're hiring, that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Last edited:
SWA brown noser, no. Just someone who sees no validity with your senseless rants. SWA does a great job at what they do. Why do you care and keep on spewing hatred towards them? Let's see...you lost your pension (too foolish to have taken the money and hit the door pre-BK), you took paycuts, you allowed outsourcing of flying and now it is just another job. All the career expectations, the "professionals" BS that was fed by the truckload. You need some real help, schoolboy. A real treat to fly with....NOT. BTW, professionally, I am doing just fine. Not flying anymore (vol. leave) as the outside business world has done quite well, one place you would get clobbered in. I don't need your advice. Now, get to work 'scoping 'em out' before they start flying your routes. Then you can start sucking their sack. Then again, you might enjoy that.

I'm sorry- you pulling a Sharron Angle here? Just answer the questions you want to answer?

That's ok- I don't mind repeating myself when guys are too caught to want to answer...
It's ok- you can say it- we all know what sellouts you are- and admitting it would be your first positive step for the best legacy in the country-
a divided pilot group will fall

All crj 900's capable of 90 seats- mostly configured to 76 but a few to 84.

If they configured 757's to 76 seats would that be alright w/ you too?

Well bill since you asked - it's my 3rd major-
so I can compare legacy to wn w/ more legitimacy than most- but it begs the question- just when am I allowed to be "happy" in your estimation?
Only when I get to your seat doing the type of flying you do?

SWA brown noser, no.
Yes!

Just someone who sees no validity with your senseless rants. SWA does a great job at what they do. Why do you care and keep on spewing hatred towards them?
What do you care what I care? Oh that's right, because you're trying to knob some southwest puke to give you a rec.....No worries junior, just breakout the checkbook, and you're in!

Let's see...you lost your pension (too foolish to have taken the money and hit the door pre-BK), you took paycuts, you allowed outsourcing of flying and now it is just another job. All the career expectations, the "professionals" BS that was fed by the truckload. You need some real help, schoolboy.
You got it all figured out.....I'm sure somewhere out there, a fortune 500 company is begging for your brains to come and manage their company.

A real treat to fly with....NOT.
See, this goes to show just how stupid you really are. Basing a person on some posts on an anonomyous message board. You have no idea how I am to fly with.
I'm sure you were a real treat to fly with. That's probably why you were forced out, couldn't take all the captains telling you to leave, so you left. Or perhaps you were fired?!

BTW, professionally, I am doing just fine. Not flying anymore (vol. leave) as the outside business world has done quite well, one place you would get clobbered in.
Wonderful....Now all you need to do is work on those social skills, and you'll be set. Again numbnuts, you have no idea who I am or what I do outside of aviation. But watching you clammer to find the insults is quite entertaining. I'll bet on the playground, all the kids make fun of you.

I don't need your advice. Now, get to work 'scoping 'em out' before they start flying your routes. Then you can start sucking their sack. Then again, you might enjoy that.

I'm sorry, I don't speak retard, can someone who does, please translate for tard who wrote the last sentence? (apologies to any retards offended by reference to them and this tool.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back