• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest evaluates -800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The stagnation's alright- bc I have a job where it doesn't suck to be an FO.
But I certainly don't gloat about it and am grateful every day for landing on my feet in this industry- a couple different choices and life might be a lot different for me- so feel bad for a flight instructor trying to break into a turbine flying job if you're into pity- but don't feel bad for me-
I don't suck swapa's teet- I was fairly neutral on age 65 bc I knew it was trending that way- what I disagree w/ wholeheartedly was the split second implementation that causes furloughs at every company that doesn't give a dam about their employees. I also think that every contract should have compensation for FO's and we did get some of that in our latest contract- enough?
We're in a pretty bad economy - I don't worry too much about enough.
Where did you get this idea that I haven't worked w/ my union as much as I can to address issues? Or this idea that I think we're perfect? I don't- what I say is that I love coming to work- and that's due in large part to our mgmt making this culture a priority. I appreciate that and am grateful for that.

Scope is a huge issue for me- did DALPA sell out 90 seat crj's out of bankruptcy in 2006 or did they not?

So while the general laments us for our occasional 5 leg days- I like to point out how many pilots you have flying delta pax's under delta colors - who you won't let on your list who routinely fly 7-8 leg days. You can pretend that's a different airline if you want- but it's burying your head in the sand-

The stagnation's alright- bc I have a job where it doesn't suck to be an FO.

Scope is a huge issue for me- did DALPA sell out 90 seat crj's out of bankruptcy in 2006 or did they not?

-

Wave.....tell the truth.....76 seats.....be nice!

Also it doesn't suck to be an FO compared to your old commuter job?? You sound like a JB guy who thinks he hit the jackpot....enjoy that right seat.....I hope it's comfy.

All crj 900's capable of 90 seats- mostly configured to 76 but a few to 84.

If they configured 757's to 76 seats would that be alright w/ you too?

Well bill since you asked - it's my 3rd major-
so I can compare legacy to wn w/ more legitimacy than most- but it begs the question- just when am I allowed to be "happy" in your estimation?
Only when I get to your seat doing the type of flying you do?

How many domestic citites does Mother Delta serve?

I have no idea. I'm just curious.

Check back when Southwest is 80. Then we'll be able to really compare.

For now I hope that "all ya'll" think we're nothing more than a nickel and dime airline and are absolutely no threat to your customer base.

Gup

ps. I will add that Southwest is the only airline I know of, anywhere, that has a ZERO DOMESTIC CODESHARE clause in their pilot contract.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Scope, what is it with your creepy fixation with SWA, SWAPA, calling others gay and bringing their mothers into your rant?

The only one I call gay is waveflyer. He's the one who admitted it on this very forum, not me. I have zero fixation with swa,swapa. Your swapa boys point the might finger at alpa, and i have no problem with that. My problem is when they say alpa is responsible for all the problems in this industry, and calling alpa pilots sellouts.......Yet they see no problems with APA? Don't they have rj's as well? Are they sellouts too?

Clean up your own mess with RJ's and scope'em out. Any progress on this issue?

When we start section 6, I'll let you know.

Last look still has RJ's doing a lot of mainline flying.
One thing is to have it as your screen name, the other is to get off your butt and do something about it. Instead of people seeing you as a colossal a--hole, I personally would like to read about how you lead your pilot group as the first one to separate mainline flying from a regional.
I believe you'll see lots more regional reduction in the future. The 50 seater basically is obsolete (except for very few markets). More and more of them are being parked......

That would speak volumes. Otherwise, all we have is a collection of 1600+ posts of nothing but senseless BS.
Now what else would this useless sight be for then?

BTW, when you call waveflyer a 'sellout', explain RJ's? How did they get mainline flying at your airline? Senior pilots selling out the junior pilots? I've got mine, the heck with you?
Exactly! No different than southwest. Just look at yourselves. You guys invented pay for training, and were the catalyst for age 65. Your junior guys are not going to have any forward movement, and the growth you'll see is in larger 737's. Your senior guys would sell out your junior guys in a second to keep up their rediculous schedules, especially when when your fall cutbacks take place........And we're the sellouts????

Waiting for your non-articulate, immature response in....3...2.....1...
See below reply to milpilot17

Scope, When you finally sit down on the side of the bed with a handgun pointed at your head, please for the love of God, make sure it's loaded!

Milpilot:
Usually when I sit down on the side of the bed, I'm with your old lady, and with how many people are in and out of that trailer, I wouldn't point anything anywhere!;):laugh:

Last edited:
Hey Scope, SWAPA member...no. Sorry to disappoint you. Zero fixation on your part....oh, sure. 1600+ rants tell otherwise.

Sellouts, in a way, yes. Any legacy that contracts RJ's to do mainline flying and that is approved by the union are selling out the bottom and future members of their seniority list. The sad thing is that no one looks backwards or entertains future ramifications when contracts are due. The "what's in it for me" and "I've got mine" runs rampant. Gup is right, zero domestic codeshare in their contract. Do you have that in yours? I suspect that may have been an issue with the rejection of their first TA. Can't wait to see how you spearhead your Sec. 6. I commend you for stepping up. For now, there are still RJ's on the property and mainline flying your DALPA brothers are not doing. I believe you and APA had mainline, dues paying pilots furloughed while outsourced flying was in place (see Comair, ASA, Eagle...). Unity??? Also, please enlighten us on what SWAPA is thinking. You seem to know so much of what is going on over there. The end of the 50 seater is a good start, the larger RJ's are still a problem. Only sky high fuel costs will kill the high seat-mile cost of the RJ. Probably why SWA doesn't use them. Beware of the EMB's. They're more competitive, don't forget those when you go to Sec.6.

For now I hope that "all ya'll" think we're nothing more than a nickel and dime airline and are absolutely no threat to your customer base.
Leo Mullin thought Airtran was no threat to the big D back in the late 1990s when Airtran had 30 old DC-9s. Fast forward 10 years and Airtran had 140 brand new Boeings with an average fleet age of less than 5 years and was flying 4 times as many ASMs as they had 10 years earlier. Richard Anderson probably won't make the same mistakes of underestimating competition like Mullin did.

Latest resources

Back