• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, bypass pay has got to be our number one expectation in negotiations or else slicky ricci will just try another friend of Kenn program the next go around. My career expectations also did not include getting jump frogged by guys who were hired 10 years after me. That's the DOH I care about.

Yes it just occurred to me I could be writing from the perspective of an options guy.

Blimy. Just get the f'ing list out already so I can decide who to be pissed with.

For what it's worth, bypass pay has got to be our number one expectation in negotiations or else slicky ricci will just try another friend of Kenn program the next go around. My career expectations also did not include getting jump frogged by guys who were hired 10 years after me. That's the DOH I care about.

Yes it just occurred to me I could be writing from the perspective of an options guy.

Blimy. Just get the f'ing list out already so I can decide who to be pissed with.
Do you think a arbitrator will feel the same way about bypass pay? When he's trying to be somewhat fair to both sides and he's going line by line through what's presented to him, he's no going to give a damn where we ended up on the new seniority list and bypass pay will be 86ed.

If in fact DOH was a factor then Flops won and Flex lost. We better learn to accept this whether we like it or not. However, I will become a worthless first officer, or more so than usual.

Do you think a arbitrator will feel the same way about bypass pay? When he's trying to be somewhat fair to both sides and he's going line by line through what's presented to him, he's no going to give a damn where we ended up on the new seniority list and bypass pay will be 86ed.

If in fact DOH was a factor then Flops won and Flex lost. We better learn to accept this whether we like it or not. However, I will become a worthless first officer, or more so than usual.

believe he was talking about bp pay during a contract negotiation and not sli. could be wrong tho. fwiw, bombardier stock was 72 cents last week so not so sure how healthy they really were all along. can't imagine recent gstream line jumpers not immediately being put back in place once list comes out.

believe he was talking about bp pay during a contract negotiation and not sli. could be wrong tho. fwiw, bombardier stock was 72 cents last week so not so sure how healthy they really were all along. can't imagine recent gstream line jumpers not immediately being put back in place once list comes out.

I was referring to contract negotiations. A vote is highly unlikely. Our contract will probably be determined in arbitration. Bypass pay probably won't be part of the new contract, though it would be nice for our sake.

Frustrated as hell waiting. Why even make an announcement if it was just to say more waiting. Any idea on a time line?

Why is it Options seems to have a rough idea but Flex doesn't. Heard an Options crew told one of our crews their committee assured them doh was a factor and generally that means they "won". So much for solidarity.

My career expectation does not include any version of a list that puts me plus or minus 10% of my original percentage bracket. The silence and lack of assurance is deafening.

Relax, we dont know any more than you do, and remember 3 FLEX guys agreed and signed the dotted line as well

el, the Flex pilots have more years of service, from what I was told, as compared to the senior Options pilots, so they should get credit for their service to the company. Now focus on the transfer pilots and DOH becomes a cloudy issue. Should their time on a PLOA count towards their time in service? I ran into a Flex pilot that thought most of the transfers should automatically get Captain slots ahead of the Flex FO's. Where is their sense of entitlement coming from?

GC, the last CA position at Options was 2001, the last CA at Flex was 2006 hire dates. I don't see where Flex is more senior than Options, unless you only consider the top 100 of Flexjet guys. Or am I reading your response incorrectly? Thanks.

Options pilots who chose to transfer and didn't recind when the union was voted in at flex should have to keep their flex seniority number, flex doh and flex years of service. If they chose to return to Options any time prior to the public announcement of the SLI then they should be allowed to choose.

There's a saying about having your cake and eating it. I do not believe we owe anything, anything at all, to those who specifically and selfishly chose to buck industry standards and screw their co-workers because Mr. Chicklit promised them a personal seat at the the kings table.

If the IBT does not want downright revolt they better hope that magic SLI list doesn't put Syphilis, Noe Nothing etc and crew anywhere other the very bottom. What a mess that will be. Maybe the majority of flex pilots didn't vote for the IBT but I can guarantee you with almost near certainly they universally have disdain for the majority of the more mouthy transfers.

Someone else said it and it's true it's all Ricci's mess. The transfers can sue him for future lost wages if they're pissed. I wouldn't even be opposed to the union providing them the legal assistance to recoup what they'll lose as a result of his ill advised grand plan. Something has to be done to keep him (or a future chairman) from pulling this ******************** with a new acquisition or what he's secretly setting up corporate wings to do.

GC, the last CA position at Options was 2001, the last CA at Flex was 2006 hire dates. I don't see where Flex is more senior than Options, unless you only consider the top 100 of Flexjet guys. Or am I reading your response incorrectly? Thanks.

I was talking about the top of the list. Then again KR doesn't respect seniority anyway and has always wanted his chosen few to be in the best aircraft.

Latest resources

Back