• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Options pilots who chose to transfer and didn't recind when the union was voted in at flex should have to keep their flex seniority number, flex doh and flex years of service. If they chose to return to Options any time prior to the public announcement of the SLI then they should be allowed to choose.

There's a saying about having your cake and eating it. I do not believe we owe anything, anything at all, to those who specifically and selfishly chose to buck industry standards and screw their co-workers because Mr. Chicklit promised them a personal seat at the the kings table.

If the IBT does not want downright revolt they better hope that magic SLI list doesn't put Syphilis, Noe Nothing etc and crew anywhere other the very bottom. What a mess that will be. Maybe the majority of flex pilots didn't vote for the IBT but I can guarantee you with almost near certainly they universally have disdain for the majority of the more mouthy transfers.

Someone else said it and it's true it's all Ricci's mess. The transfers can sue him for future lost wages if they're pissed. I wouldn't even be opposed to the union providing them the legal assistance to recoup what they'll lose as a result of his ill advised grand plan. Something has to be done to keep him (or a future chairman) from pulling this ******************** with a new acquisition or what he's secretly setting up corporate wings to do.

IMMP, this really sums up this mess started by Ricci. This whole mess falls right in his lap. His objective is to keep the infighting going between different groups. I hope the pilots can come together and secure an industry leading contract. Ricci gets the Union he deserves.

IMMP, this really sums up this mess started by Ricci. This whole mess falls right in his lap. His objective is to keep the infighting going between different groups. I hope the pilots can come together and secure an industry leading contract. Ricci gets the Union he deserves.

What so now I'm infighting and negative because I don't want to willingly roll over for the very same people who were willingly open to jump frogging me and hundreds of others in their seat grab.

No thank you. Pick a different sucker for your union kumbaya routine. It's a fractured pilot group because 99% of the list, me included, care only about their own personal position.

What so now I'm infighting and negative because I don't want to willingly roll over for the very same people who were willingly open to jump frogging me and hundreds of others in their seat grab.

No thank you. Pick a different sucker for your union kumbaya routine. It's a fractured pilot group because 99% of the list, me included, care only about their own personal position.
Not at all, I don't expect anyone to roll over. I hope we don't lose sight of the fact that we need to work together to improve the working conditions(pay) here. You can bet the jump frogging pilots are pulling against you and me.

I am still a little confused as to what will happen to the FO pilots that jumped to Flex?

Will they keep their seats in the Flex aircraft while having an options number or will they have to come back to an Options aircraft to get the better number?

If they keep the better of both worlds then Bypass pay in the next contract !!!

Perhaps that is being negotiated in the fence negotiations hense the two different numbers. Otherwise who in their right mind would choose the Flex number? Kudos to the entire committee for a job well done. I am within 1.5 percent of my original slot. That has to be one of the most undesired committee positions! Again great job and thank you for your sacrifice of personal time off!

I am still a little confused as to what will happen to the FO pilots that jumped to Flex?

Will they keep their seats in the Flex aircraft while having an options number or will they have to come back to an Options aircraft to get the better number?

If they keep the better of both worlds then Bypass pay in the next contract !!!

Looks like they will be able to keep their FO number and obviously their seat they are in now.

The list is officially out.

Looks like you need to read the notes again at the end of the list.

The way I read it the transfers have to pick by the JCBA effective date (so in reality a year to decide) which number they'll go with. For some the company will have to break some rules since they had a 2 year commitment. That should be interesting.

I got screwed but not as bad as DOH would have been. In my particular situation I have the majority (if not all) of the transfers ahead of me so my personal situation definitely depends on their decision.

With no flushes, the list pretty much assures me right seat for awhile with not much movement expected.

Latest resources

Back