• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest...Viva Brazil?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've done an excellent job of defining yourself and, over time, have become a parody. When you are incapable of any kind of discussion on this forum without turning it into a big "ALPA is my God"-fest or making some derogatory remark towards someone who disagrees with you...you open yourself up for cracks like that.

The last two threads that you and I posted on, I never brought up unions. You did. Seems you can't let it go...

Besides, who is the one that decided to turn this in a big gay joke? I mean, if you want to talk about low...just not so much a new one...I don't figure using words like flamer and homo scream "classy". I didn't realize that was "sticking to the subject matter". If anything, I was sticking to the subject matter.

Anyone that gets on a national forum and talks like that deserves to call out as gay... I took it as in good fun... sorry to offend you...

By the way, "Food Discussion Hijacks" are all in good fun.

Oh so you get to judge the 'good fun'.

All I get from you is that you value In and Out burger more than democracy and workers rights...

Not sure what reality is, but the perception is you are in an 'In and Out' Eating Club... you get your shakes and burgers then "toast" or signal each other from across the dispatch center.... all while tracking flights... or you IM or post on FI how great your food is to each other.... cute.

I'll take democracy over consumerism.... enjoy your food.....

you'd have to be brazilian. Every country down there requires you to be a national of that particular country to be approved by their aviation authority.

Not true! You don't have to be brazilian but you do need a work permit and to be a brazilian resident. Same thing in the US.

you'd have to be brazilian. Every country down there requires you to be a national of that particular country to be approved by their aviation authority.

Not true! You don't have to be brazilian but you do need a work permit and to be a brazilian resident. Same thing in the US.

The last two threads that you and I posted on, I never brought up unions. You did. Seems you can't let it go...
You fail to see the point that it is not the fact that you post about unions that is the joke. It is the fact that you (and PCL) are almost incapable of posting about anything else. Face it, compadre... your (or at least the your FI persona's) non-stop ALPA rhetoric has made you a bit of a joke around here.

Yes, I brought it up in the thread about iPod/Hotel TV connectivity...it was a friendly jab then. This time, you attacked me on unfriendly terms.

If you're so "ALPA Proud", what does it matter to you what I say about your somewhat disturbing obsession for the organization?

Anyone that gets on a national forum and talks like that deserves to call out as gay... I took it as in good fun... sorry to offend you...
I'm not quite following your logic. What exactly was said that made us "deserve" such hateful language? If I'm not allowed to be an expert on humorous things...why do you get to be the leading authority when it comes to using hateful language? You want to talk about how what I said was a "new low"...yet you were the one that chose to take the discussion in that direction.

I am not gay, but I guess the fact that I have gay friends and family members puts me in a place where I really don't have much tolerance for bigots and homophobes who use wordslike "Flamer" and "Homo" as insults. Very few things offend me...I'm quite possibly one of the least politically correct people you'll ever meet. I'm an equal opportunity offender. I do, however, have issues with certain hateful names and certain derogatory terms towards homosexuals rank up there with the "N-word" for me.

That said, you wanted to take it there, so I fired right back.

Oh so you get to judge the 'good fun'.
You're damn right, I do. I'm a pretty fun guy and a bit of a prankster, I think I have a pretty good grasp on fun and humor.

All I get from you is that you value In and Out burger more than democracy and workers rights...

I'll take democracy over consumerism.... enjoy your food.....
Once again...you're taking this union discussion way out of context. Never did I make any remark regarding my opinion on unions. I made remarks regarding your inability to discuss anything but...and you're proving my point.

How I value democracy and workers rights are probably not too different than the way you value them. Believe it or not, I think unions DO have their place in certain areas of commerce.

However, I think driving that point into the ground to the point where it becomes a joke, where it is ridiculously obnoxious, and where you have become no different than the folks you accuse of being "Kool-Aid Drinkers"...just on the opposite side of the spectrum...is just a wee bit counterproductive.

All of that...and I do value a great burger every now and again.

Not sure what reality is, but the perception is you are in an 'In and Out' Eating Club... you get your shakes and burgers then "toast" or signal each other from across the dispatch center.... all while tracking flights... or you IM or post on FI how great your food is to each other.... cute.
Reality is this...the entire 'food discussion thread hijack' thing is an age-old internet yuk-monkey thing. If you still don't get it...click here.

In case you missed the "SkyWest in Aspen" thread...we did it there, too. Someone just happened to make an In-N-Out lunch run today and sparked a little fun.

The reality is, you called us "flamers"...and I made an statement in response that I guaran-damn-tee you many others were likely thinking.

Finally, and for the record...the three of us had a grand total of ZERO flights under our charge at the time we were posting. The three of us were keeping the skeds going for our respective hubs/equipment...not responsible for individual flights. If we were responsible for airborne flights, you wouldn't have seen me or the others posting. That's just not how we roll. Responsibility to safety of flight first...everytime.

Now then...can we get back to being a bunch of goof-offs and talking about ridiculous rumours we all heard from some offline jumpseater who heard from a sim instructor who heard from his brother's second cousin-in-law who is 21 year old Mesa FO who heard from...?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it ironic that Rez O. Lewshun does everything but resolve things? Anyone?

So, Walter, are you trying to say that after all that hard work I put in yesterday, I wasn't in control?

Also, Rez, you got a problem with what dispatchers write on forums during their lunch breaks? Seems to me, in order for one to be on a lunch break, he or she would therefore be removed of all responsibilities. No one calls you looking for a fuel load while you are standing in the Cinnabon line, do they?

So, Walter, are you trying to say that after all that hard work I put in yesterday, I wasn't in control?/QUOTE]
You were in complete strategic operational control...I was referring to having no flights operating with your name on the release.

So, Walter, are you trying to say that after all that hard work I put in yesterday, I wasn't in control?/QUOTE]
You were in complete strategic operational control...I was referring to having no flights operating with your name on the release.

That's the group of words I was looking for: complete strategic operational control. Thanks!

You fail to see the point that it is not the fact that you post about unions that is the joke. It is the fact that you (and PCL) are almost incapable of posting about anything else. Face it, compadre... your (or at least the your FI persona's) non-stop ALPA rhetoric has made you a bit of a joke around here.

What you fail to grasp is.... all I am interested in posting about is sociopolitical topics which includes unions (democracy)....

Because I don't freely discuss how, where, what, who, I eat my food or other topics de jour on FI makes me incapable? No, it means I made a choice.

Yes, I brought it up in the thread about iPod/Hotel TV connectivity...it was a friendly jab then. This time, you attacked me on unfriendly terms.

As was mine a friendly jab...

I never replied (meaning attacked) to you.... you replied to me.

If you're so "ALPA Proud", what does it matter to you what I say about your somewhat disturbing obsession for the organization?

As you know... I stated before... we can rename ALPA whatever want... just as long as we are represented...

My obsession isn't for ALPA ...it is for representation, democracy and self rule. I fear we have made a cultural paradigm shift in the last decades from democracy to consumerism...

I find our collective participation in democracy in this country embarrassing. Unions are one of those democracies.

I'm not quite following your logic. What exactly was said that made us "deserve" such hateful language?

Making yourself, via "us", into a victim...??

If I'm not allowed to be an expert on humorous things...why do you get to be the leading authority when it comes to using hateful language? You want to talk about how what I said was a "new low"...yet you were the one that chose to take the discussion in that direction.

I thought my language was no worse than fair game on Jay Leno.... If you were offended, even though I wasn't addressing you, then my apologies..

I am not gay, but I guess the fact that I have gay friends and family members puts me in a place where I really don't have much tolerance for bigots and homophobes who use wordslike "Flamer" and "Homo" as insults.

So your graphic description of a homosexual act is acceptable.... tolerable, not bigotry... using gay sex acts to degrade someone is acceptable? If you are a champion of homomsexuality then why not use some other description in an insulting way....??

Very few things offend me...

Actually, it seems like what you say doesn't but what others do say can.... You are W(alter) The Decider.. you get to decide what is offensive, funny, forum culture, etc...

I'm quite possibly one of the least politically correct people you'll ever meet. I'm an equal opportunity offender. I do, however, have issues with certain hateful names and certain derogatory terms towards homosexuals rank up there with the "N-word" for me.

It seems your comments were quite derogatory and profane... I am seeing a double standard here...

That said, you wanted to take it there, so I fired right back.

Sounds like you brought a gun to knife fight and now you are crying foul that the cut hurts....

You're damn right, I do. I'm a pretty fun guy and a bit of a prankster, I think I have a pretty good grasp on fun and humor.

Just as long as you are dishing it out.... no doubt..

Once again...you're taking this union discussion way out of context. Never did I make any remark regarding my opinion on unions. I made remarks regarding your inability to discuss anything but...and you're proving my point.

As I said... its democracy and its responsibility over entitlement and consumerism...

How I value democracy and workers rights are probably not too different than the way you value them. Believe it or not, I think unions DO have their place in certain areas of commerce.

Not sure about that.... the consistency of your post over time suggests otherwise...

Can you expand?

However, I think driving that point into the ground to the point where it becomes a joke, where it is ridiculously obnoxious, and where you have become no different than the folks you accuse of being "Kool-Aid Drinkers"...just on the opposite side of the spectrum...is just a wee bit counterproductive.

Not really... the discussion comes to a grinding halt when I ask the non union pilots about the safety and professional advances that democratic unions make for everyone. How the non unions pilots benefit without contributing...

No one seems to justify not voting in union elections and issues. Everyone loves to complain about pathetic union leadership but when asked if they will lead themselves suddenly the only sound is the last few drops of sucking air and liquid out of an In and Out shake through a straw.

All of that...and I do value a great burger every now and again.

Of course.... you do.... I don't think anyone doubts that..

Reality is this...the entire 'food discussion thread hijack' thing is an age-old internet yuk-monkey thing. If you still don't get it...click here.

I get it... I choose not to define myself that way... not saying it is good or bad... right or wrong... if that is what you value... go for it..

In case you missed the "SkyWest in Aspen" thread...we did it there, too. Someone just happened to make an In-N-Out lunch run today and sparked a little fun.

ok W The Decider, you are back to defining what is and isn't fun.... In addition, I read the Aspen thread when it first started but it lost interest for me...

The reality is, you called us "flamers"...and I made an statement in response that I guaran-damn-tee you many others were likely thinking.

Once again.. I never addressed you...

So now you speak for others too.....

And finally, you, W The Decider, get to decide what is funny and reply with ugliness.... got it...

If my post was without humor, then why not a PM or a follow up post suggesting I remove it... in other words.. why not the high road instead of the gutter.

Finally, and for the record...the three of us had a grand total of ZERO flights under our charge at the time we were posting. The three of us were keeping the skeds going for our respective hubs/equipment...not responsible for individual flights. If we were responsible for airborne flights, you wouldn't have seen me or the others posting. That's just not how we roll. Responsibility to safety of flight first...everytime.

Once again.. you fail to comprehend what I said...

I said...

Not sure what reality is, but the perception is .... all while tracking flights...
Dispatchers have a reputation, fair or not, for being on the internet while dispatching... not just OO dx'ers but in general. Once again.. you spring load to being offended... the old saying... dish it out..can't dish it in..

However, since you brought it up... as a dispatcher on duty with assigned flights airborne... have you ever accessed the internet for personal use?

Now then...can we get back to being a bunch of goof-offs and talking about ridiculous rumours we all heard from some offline jumpseater who heard from a sim instructor who heard from his brother's second cousin-in-law who is 21 year old Mesa FO who heard from...?

If that is your modus operandus... so be it... and that is fine... and I'll carry out mine....

Latest resources

Back