Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest showing videos of crippled folks and.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBR, very well said, I completely agree with everything you said.

Especially your last sentence!

Rez, it was richards like you that killed literally thousands of votes during the last drive, do everyone a favor and STFU.
Yet he said nothing except I diagree. Look populism and American idol are fun to watch. As a marginalized wage worker with no real responsbilites in this line of work there isn't much expectation.... in fact, posting "yeah what he said" is about right for you....

Killed thousands of votes? Guys getting upset over what is read on a moniker message board? Actually it was "cow/milk" reasoning combined with jaded pilots from mesa/tsa.......

What is it about your own work rules, labor protections and voice in Wash DC that you don't like?

When can I expect your game plan for an in house union at Skywest? Let's start with a budget. What will be your dues rate?

Last edited:
Guys, this isn't difficult.... is it?

So young 20 something stud passes his RJ SIC checkride at Skywest, gets thru IOE and is released to "fly the line".... Is he a professional? If so why? Because the FAA said so? Because he has a Skywest Creed? Just because?

Can we be professional if we can't even define it? Are you professional just because we say we are?

So young 20 something stud passes his RJ SIC checkride at Skywest, gets thru IOE and is released to "fly the line".... Is he a professional? If so why? Because the FAA said so? Because he has a Skywest Creed? Just because?

Can we be professional if we can't even define it? Are you professional just because we say we are?
No its not, you are making some mysterious correlation between being ALPA and professional, and if you aren't ALPA you cannot be professional as per your definition. Professionalism is an approach to an endeavor, is Arnold Palmer a professional? He isn't ALPA nor even union(gasp). Rez your rhetoric is tired at best and ignorant at worst, trust me ALPA needs cheerleaders, just not your kind. I do believe SKYW needs ALPA, for all the reasons discussed, unfortunately you give all the naysayers ample fuel to refute the need.
PBR

Rez,
11. a person who earns a living in a sport or other occupation frequently engaged in by amateurs: a former airline pilot, now a troll on F/I.

yawn.

eP.

Look either you can define professionalism or you cannot. You are showing your inabilities....

I became a professional when I gained a CoE (not a creed), representation both locally and nationally and I had a CBA to enforce my PIC/SIC authority. In other words I had the ability to look out for the public's interest and not be coerced into operating for only company profits

That is correct. The company I flew the 3 for was a joke and they went BK.

JB= unprofessional. How do JB pilots get to claim to be professionals without the effort, status and requirements? Isn't that what the Tim Martins failure was all about? He was something he was not. Is the ALPA CoE applicable to JB pilots? If so, why? If not, then what defines JB pilots as professional?

SWAPA = professional, although they do need a CoE as stated by the FAA.

Still waiting for you to quantify professionalism. Can you define professionalism at your non airline job?

:laugh:

Rez you are a kook! Say goodnight Irene.

Let's simplify it....

Air Line Pilots must do the following to promote, protect and defend the profession:

• Exercise the First Amendment. (The right to petition the government)
  • Codify work rules and protections via a Collective Bargaining Agreement within the RLA
  • Establish a Code of Ethics
Skywest, Jetblue and VA pilots do none of these... so what defines them as professional?

one hr lady at one of my airlines kind of helped me out when I was having trouble coming up with a definition of professional. she said someone that helps the FAs cross the seat belts. You dont need a creed from skywest or alpo to be a professional.

Let's simplify it....

Air Line Pilots must do the following to promote, protect and defend the profession:

• Exercise the First Amendment. (The right to petition the government)
  • Codify work rules and protections via a Collective Bargaining Agreement within the RLA
  • Establish a Code of Ethics
Skywest, Jetblue and VA pilots do none of these... so what defines them as professional?

Are you really that ********************ing stupid??

one hr lady at one of my airlines kind of helped me out when I was having trouble coming up with a definition of professional. she said someone that helps the FAs cross the seat belts..

Were you able to keep a straight face?

Latest resources

Back