• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest denial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you know that you can apply at Virgian american 5000 is there total time go ahead and get you some airbus time pay sucks but its a job

you know that you can apply at Virgian american 5000 is there total time go ahead and get you some airbus time pay sucks but its a job

The pay isn't THAT bad. First year sux no matter where you go.

Been out of work about six months and have about 5,200tt and 1,500 turbine pic. Thought it would be a good idea to apply to the commuter airlines to "get back in the mix". I've always been interested in working at SkyWest so I applied a few weeks ago; thinking that this would be a good opportunity to work there.

Got this message just a few hours ago: but I've removed my personal info...

To reply to this e-mail, reply to: [email protected].

xxxx xxxxxxx
[email protected]

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your expressed desire to work for SkyWest Airlines as a First Officer Pilot. We appreciate your enthusiasm to become a part of our team.

After reviewing your resume, we regret to inform you that you were not chosen at this time. However, we encourage you to monitor our website (www.skywest.com) for future job openings.

Best wishes for success in your employment endeavors and thank you again for your interest in SkyWest Airlines.

Sincerely,

SkyWest Airlines Recruitment

I couldn't stop laughing. Anyone want to explain this one to me? They'll interview an 800tt guy with no turbine but what about all of us guys who have been put on street by dirt-bag operators?

Where are you getting this number from? Mins are 1000TT as of 2 days ago.

I have heard skyw is taking a nose dive in the morale dept. Have friends there....They are sayin something is wrong.

Been out of work about six months and have about 5,200tt and 1,500 turbine pic. Thought it would be a good idea to apply to the commuter airlines to "get back in the mix". I've always been interested in working at SkyWest so I applied a few weeks ago; thinking that this would be a good opportunity to work there.

Got this message just a few hours ago: but I've removed my personal info...

To reply to this e-mail, reply to: [email protected].

xxxx xxxxxxx
[email protected]

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your expressed desire to work for SkyWest Airlines as a First Officer Pilot. We appreciate your enthusiasm to become a part of our team.

After reviewing your resume, we regret to inform you that you were not chosen at this time. However, we encourage you to monitor our website (www.skywest.com) for future job openings.

Best wishes for success in your employment endeavors and thank you again for your interest in SkyWest Airlines.

Sincerely,

SkyWest Airlines Recruitment

I couldn't stop laughing. Anyone want to explain this one to me? They'll interview an 800tt guy with no turbine but what about all of us guys who have been put on street by dirt-bag operators?

Are you current? could be a problem, always has been with getting a flying job.

I have heard skyw is taking a nose dive in the morale dept. Have friends there....They are sayin something is wrong.

'bout time yall caught up with ASA, morale and performance been suckin' bad, reckon XJT too

Apply at Compass. Going to be a ton more movement there than any other regional in the short term. Heard the same thing too about Skywest morale from lots of friends over there.

'bout time yall caught up with ASA, morale and performance been suckin' bad, reckon XJT too

SKW/ASA/XJT will be in a s#1t storm when the pilots leave in exodus over the next 5 years. The only ones that will stay will be the older guys and those with Stockholm syndrome.

Sorry to hear that, you are just way over qualified for Skywest. Try Republic, they seem to hire only high time guys with ATP certificate.

Good luck to you.

I agree, you mide get to the Frontier side if you put your app soon!!

Good luck!!

Here's what I'm getting from the original post:

"I'm super-pilot, a little down on my luck so I'm willing to come slumming just to stay current until the industry turns around and I get my rightful job into the left seat at Mega-Major Airlines. I heard SkyWest sucks a less than the other little piss-ant bottom feeders, so here I am."

Any chance they might have "perceived" this? Not trying to be a D*** but you may want to check how you come across.

Good Luck (sincerely)

Latest resources

Back