• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 900 on it's way to ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didnt see the reg, but saw a SKW 900 depart IAH on the afternoon of the 29th. It was a weird sight to see.

"703 is still in HOT they are so far behind schedule on the transfers it's funny. Maybe they will see 705 in March if they're lucky.quote"

Funny...I saw 703EV over at the SKyWest SLC hangar tonight.

I was there a week ago and they said it would be out the first week in Dec. I guess they made it a day early after being late with the C check.

Would you say the 80% of DCI flying is still maintained by ASA in ATL? That was the original deal as long as "ASA stays competitive" per Skywest. It sure seems like that number is awful high considering Skywest, Mesa, Comair, Chautauqua and Shuttle are all there now in ATL.

ASA has been below the 80% target for awhile now. With the addition of SkyWest I'd say we're closer to 70%.

This was brought up in the last investor conference call and SkyWest said they don't want to argue with Delta over the small stuff. They don't care because SkyWest is benefiting from ASA's lack of growth.

Would you say the 80% of DCI flying is still maintained by ASA in ATL? That was the original deal as long as "ASA stays competitive" per Skywest. It sure seems like that number is awful high considering Skywest, Mesa, Comair, Chautauqua and Shuttle are all there now in ATL.
Which might have a lot to do with Comair's 12 70 seaters.

Waa Waa Waa. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! ALPA never said they could do anything about it. Except not fold like a lawn chair like you would! It was a business decision that ALPA never had a say in. But, we all know that just cause the company said it's ALPA's fault, then you believe it. Find something else to write about. We all know you and the others would have caved and the airplanes still wouldn't have come to ASA.

I'm starting to agree with(I can't believe I'm saying this) MELIT. You're gonna stroke out over the goings on at SKW Inc. It's ALPA's fault, no it's the companies fault. It's ALPA's fault, no it's the companies.

703 is still in HOT they are so far behind schedule on the transfers it's funny. Maybe they will see 705 in March if they're lucky.

Are we gonna get on the " they're our airplanes" rant now? Yea!!!!

This is why ALPA is losing support. We are being replaced airplane by airplane, and the ALPA cheerleaders refuse to acknowledge it. Many of us are tired of ALPA sticking it's head in the sand while we are replaced. I don't like it anymore than you, but quit ignoring reality!

This is why ALPA is losing support. We are being replaced airplane by airplane, and the ALPA cheerleaders refuse to acknowledge it. Many of us are tired of ALPA sticking it's head in the sand while we are replaced. I don't like it anymore than you, but quit ignoring reality!

Fighting Irish,

Who is ALPA? It's not a third person!

and the ALPA cheerleaders refuse to acknowledge it. Many of us are tired of ALPA sticking it's head in the sand while we are replaced. I don't like it anymore than you, but quit ignoring reality!
Maybe the cheerleaders are refusing to acknowledge the problem but the MEC sure isn't. Have you ever asked Tom or Dave what they are doing about it? Are they ignoring the problem? Do they like that aircraft are leaving ASA?
I have and they don't have their heads in the sand! I wish people like you and John would stop slinging mud just b/c you're pissed. I'm pissed too, that's why I call and get the facts. I understand the position our MEC is in, whether I like it or not.
Now before you start calling me a ALPA die hard, I hate unions. I just realize that currently it is a neccesary evil. I get involved with what I feel comforatable doing and I damn sure ask the tough questions to the leaders. ALPA isn't perfect, and national flat out sucks, and it sure isn't the answer to all our problems. Right now at ASA in the situation we are in the best thing for us, the line pilots, is to get invloved. Instead of spending 10 minutes on FI pick up the phone and get educated on what is really happening. Rumors are killing this profesion faster than the RJ.
I guarantee that our MEC has our best interests at heart and need our support now more than ever. Without our support we will fall apart as a pilot group and eventually a carrier because managment will have won and the majority of the pilots will hate this place even more and eventually we will be just another MESA or TSA.

Latest resources

Back