• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 900 on it's way to ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was waiting to go to ORD on "Dixie" yesterday in ATL and say a CRJ9 take off from 26L. First time I've seen one. Don't know where it was going.

Yeahhhhh...the 900 is coming, the 900 is coming!!!! Now lets all sit back and watch the industry crumble. We can all FLY Den to Bos for $25 bucks an hour on the 900....Yeahhhhhh. I cant wait to see all those mainline guys lined up at the local soup kitchen!

Your stellar rates are phenomenal on that 70/90 seater

I honestly don't get it.
SKYW CR7 Capt will now top out at about $102/hr
A Delta 737 Capt tops out at $134/hr.

Both rates suck in my opinion, but the difference isn't that out of wack.
There's more to an airline's success than hourly rates, otherwise Allegiant would be taking over the world (MD-80 CA tops at $108).

Where do you come up with $102/hr? No CR7 driver at SKYW will make that...and it's not a seperate rate anyway, only an override!

Yeahhhhh...the 900 is coming, the 900 is coming!!!! Now lets all sit back and watch the industry crumble. We can all FLY Den to Bos for $25 bucks an hour on the 900....Yeahhhhhh. I cant wait to see all those mainline guys lined up at the local soup kitchen!

Wouldn't the failure to negotiate scope rest with those same mainline pilots? I'm not saying that I wish anyone to lose their job, but I don't understand your new found outrage, you're kind of late to the party, aren't you?

Where do you come up with $102/hr? No CR7 driver at SKYW will make that...and it's not a seperate rate anyway, only an override!

Not sure who did my math last night - you're right 93/hr x 1.08% at the third year = 100.44. I agree, its only an override.

My point is that when I peruse the major's pay rates, they suck too. I'm not saying SKYW rates rock, they suck, but c'mon an A320 Capt at UAL tops at $131/hr with a 65 hr guarantee. How much more can SKYW pilots make when our major partner makes that flying a plane with more than twice the capacity.

I am an ALPA supporter, but I really think Woerth and the last 6 years will go down as some of the worst in ALPA history. They were the one group that could have roped in this whole RJ mess.

I hate reading on FI about how excited SKYW pilots are to fly the 900s. Its total BS. There are so many SKYW pilots with 5+yrs who gladly fly the Brasilia and couldn't care less about the RJs.

If it were up to me, regionals would be flying nothing but TPs and there would be some jobs at majors. Unfortunately, the majors couldn'c hold onto their scope limits and we all suffer.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/report.php?p=1189930

Latest resources

Back