Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BASS shoes

I went to the BASS outlet store, and got some shoes that look good and stay on at all TSA checkpoints

Timberlands

I have had two pair of black Timberland shoes, and while they fit well, the soles get worn down fairly quickly and the heel cups fracture easily. And... I have to take them off every time 'cuz of the metal shank.

The BOOTS, however...

The ankle-high Timberland boots I own are amazing. I've worn them for a total of two years, and the heels are almost totally intact. They shine well, they HOLD the shine, and they have a good, thick rubber sole. And no metal.

Strong recommendation for the boots, much less so for the shoes.

Skechers update...

The model I mentioned above has ZERO metal in them. I walked right through the LAX metal-detectors, then had them wanded and X-rayed before heading off for my flight last Friday night.

It's nice to not have to take my shoes off to go through screening anymore.

Also, these shoes are definitely the MOST comfortable pair of work-shoes I've ever owned. They're definitely worth a look, folks.

F9 Driver said:
Check out Echo. They were suggested by my foot Dr, and they have the added benifit of having no metal in them.

They last forever, unlike some other mock dress shoes I've tried where the sole goes away as soon as jet a enters the picture, but they cost a bit more.

They do last forever...I just sent mine back to be reconditioned after 4 years of me abusing them at work. Absolutely the best shoes I've owned and NO METAL!!

www.ecco.com

I had a buddy pick up a pair of military "dress shoes" for about 50 bucks at his guard base. They don't buzz and are really comfortable. the last pair I had lasted about 7 years of wear.
pretty good quality for the money. The brand name is "bates uniform footwear"

Johnston & Murphy just came out with their 'Signature Series'. Composite shank and super comfy. I've had other J&Ms and they last a long time, plus you can send them off to be refurbished. They aren't cheap, but they're worth it. Check 'em out here: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/ They have both dress and casuals.

SHOES

I found the perfect airline crew member shoe to be the doc martain shoe or boot. As long as you do not get the "steel toed" boot you will be fine. All doc's are made with no metal except the steel toed ones. There are no steel shanks in the and you will be able to sail right through security without having to take your shoes off!!!!:cool: :) :p

Yea, cowboy boots are cool, but they're to heavy for those that walk more than a mile a day! Dilliards has a brand called Brassboot. It's not a boot...it's a formal dress shoe!
But get this!!! It's made in Italy out of deer skin!!!
You'll have to break in the heal portion, but after that they're like slippers! Light and polished to a mirror shine, you'll be the most comfortable, sharpest looking professional on the line. They are $100 but I swear they're worth more!

Personally, I judge pilots by they're shoes. Rockports are fine when you're an FO flying 8 legs a day, but when I see pilots who make +$100K wearing them..I just know I'm looking at a cheap, unprofessional moron!

MORON ? ! ?

crashpad said:
Personally, I judge pilots by they're shoes. Rockports are fine when you're an FO flying 8 legs a day, but when I see pilots who make +$100K wearing them..I just know I'm looking at a cheap, unprofessional moron!
Personally, I judge pilots by their grammar and spelling. Spell checkers are fine, but there's really no substitute for education or intelligence. When a pilot is too uneducated, unlearned, or stupid to know when to use the possessive pronoun "their" instead of the contraction "they're" or even "there" when the pronoun is clearly called for, I see a lazy, unprofessional moron.

OK, I'm just kidding. Sort of...

Judging a pilot by the price of his shoes is ridiculous. The Rockports I wear are very professional looking, have a very sturdy sole for wear on the ramp, and cost as much as your silly deer skin slippers with a "heal" (I assume you meant "heel").

If you're gonna call someone a moron, try to spell better than one. :)

Latest resources

Back