• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One word only: ECCO THE finest shoe made period! I have had every expensive business working shoe and no other compares.

Unlisted

I gotta second the post about "Unllisted." I just got a pair at Off Broadway for $60.00 and they are very stylish and very comfortable. One day break-in. Now we'll see how long they last.

Deer Stags, available at JC Pennys, not expensive and look OK, good enough for work, and no metal.

Foot Joy.....

....is the shoe that I wear. I bought a pair of Foot Joy Classics (they're golf shoes) with 'teaching' soles from the golf shop at my club. These are the same shoes that the pros wear around the clubhouse every day. The are all leather uppers, with rubber soles. The great thing about the rubber soels is that they don't dissolve in icing fluid on the ramp, as leather soles do.

The other great things about Foot Joys is that they look professional with the uniform -- unlike Doc Martens and some of the others out there that look like combat boots. You can find these shoes at some close-out shops and second shops for about $100.00 per pair -- I've had the same pair for three years now.

I never take them off when going through a metal detector.

I get my shoes from my "club" as well.....

Sams Club that is.....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited:
I would have a hard time paying over a hundred dollars for a pair of shoes so that I can trudge around in Glycol puddles in the winter. Would have nice sweet smell to them though.

Go to DSW Shoe Warehouse (ask tour girlfriend, she'll know where it is), if there is one in your area. I found a great pair of Doc Marten's dress shoes (they don't look like combat boots), have a very comfortable air sole and no metal shank. They are very comfortable and stylish, I even wear them on days off, and have the industrial sole which won't absorb solvents. $65.

If you don't have a DSW nearby try an internet search. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back