Rumors SWA has 737-900ER's in sights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The facts are tough things.

Both Northwest and Delta entered bankruptcy before the new laws changed at the end of Sept. 2005.

Completely fabricated. All leases and contracts re-negotiated because 'we said so'. Pathetic when you look at it for what it was. A way to shed debt because they couldn't manage their way out of it. Management failure, not the pilots or other labor groups. They had to take the pay cuts, again pathetic.

It's not a plan but you asked what I'd prefer. I'm not an airplane guy so I guess I'd prefer to not work.

I'd prefer to not have to work for anyone else, too. You pretty much dodged the question.....maybe you've been watching the debates? :D

The facts are tough things.

Both Northwest and Delta entered bankruptcy before the new laws changed at the end of Sept. 2005.

Completely fabricated. All leases and contracts re-negotiated because 'we said so'. Pathetic when you look at it for what it was. A way to shed debt because they couldn't manage their way out of it. Management failure, not the pilots or other labor groups. They had to take the pay cuts, again pathetic.

That's pretty bold Kramer......it wasn't fun to go through, and I hope you never have to, at your company or personally. But, this country believes in second (and sometimes third, fourth) chances. If you don't like that, move to Russia. Some people make a lot of money in BK, like the lawyers. Some people never recover. That's life and business in the USA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's pretty bold Kramer......it wasn't fun to go through, and I hope you never have to, at your company or personally. But, this country believes in second (and sometimes third, fourth) chances. If you don't like that, move to Russia. Some people make a lot of money in BK, like the lawyers. Some people never recover. That's life and business in the USA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wasn't a slam on you General. Both bankruptcies were a sham to reduce their cost because of poor management and the opportunity to get it done before the laws changed. You disagree?

Wasn't a slam on you General. Both bankruptcies were a sham to reduce their cost because of poor management and the opportunity to get it done before the laws changed. You disagree?

No comment on that, but the key is that BK protection is there for everyone. I hope you or your company don't have to go through it, ever.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with BOTH Red AND GL?

The exchange above makes me suspicious that something is in the water.... :)

Latest resources

Back