Rumors SWA has 737-900ER's in sights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIZMONC

Via the rumor mill seems SWA is looking at 737-900ER for replacements for the 737-800's that were deferred. SWA puts 175 on that 737-800 and Boeing posts on their site that single class configuration for the 737-900ER is 220. Would SWA put that many seats on that AC.

Does your brother's ex-wife know the second cousin of a janitor in Dallas who overheard this in a board meeting while he was emptying a trashcan? Like any rumor the question is always whether it can be traced to a credible source. Even if it's true it's just another 737 anyway. I haven't heard much about SW's upcoming 787 orders lately :)

Just have to figure out how to dumb down theaircraft and cram 1990's technology into each one. Reverse evolution at its' best.

Another rumor around Virginia ave is Delta's not taking the mighty 717's...

Via the rumor mill seems SWA is looking at 737-900ER for replacements for the 737-800's that were deferred. SWA puts 175 on that 737-800 and Boeing posts on their site that single class configuration for the 737-900ER is 220. Would SWA put that many seats on that AC.

There go the 25 min turns. I heard they are already dealing with that with the new 738s. At least it gives the pilots more time to run for a personal pan pizza "supreme" at the airport Pizza Hut Express....before they go on to AUS, ABQ, LAS, and then OMA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Another rumor around Virginia ave is Delta's not taking the mighty 717's...

I have not heard that one. Crew planning is already setting up the bid and training dates for sims.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There go the 25 min turns. I heard they are already dealing with that with the new 738s. At least it gives the pilots more time to run for a personal pan pizza "supreme" at the airport Pizza Hut Express....before they go on to AUS, ABQ, LAS, and then OMA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yea, and hell if the 800s and 900s don't work out we'll declare bankruptcy and give them back with no obligation to our word or contracts. Oh, kind of sounds like Delta.

....before they go on to AUS, ABQ, LAS, and then OMA....
Come on General, no one would get a personal pan before going to those destinations. Just hold out and save the calories for better food.

AUS has BBQ
ABQ has green chile soup
LAS has the Roach coach
and OMA is a tie, I would hold out for godfathers personally.

Latest resources

Back