• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors SWA has 737-900ER's in sights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There go the 25 min turns. I heard they are already dealing with that with the new 738s. At least it gives the pilots more time to run for a personal pan pizza "supreme" at the airport Pizza Hut Express....before they go on to AUS, ABQ, LAS, and then OMA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

A standard, pathetic post from the Genital.

Full Steam Ahead!

Yea, and hell if the 800s and 900s don't work out we'll declare bankruptcy and give them back with no obligation to our word or contracts. Oh, kind of sounds like Delta.

Get over it Whataburger....

Who knows....Delta WAS Southwest 25 years ago, maybe you might need those laws you stand so strong for.

Get over it Whataburger....

Who knows....Delta WAS Southwest 25 years ago, maybe you might need those laws you stand so strong for.

Let's get one thing straight, Delta did not need those laws, they chose to abuse those laws for their own gain which put companies with integrity at a disadvantage.

Let's get one thing straight, Delta did not need those laws, they chose to abuse those laws for their own gain which put companies with integrity at a disadvantage.

Your own airline, Atlas Air Cargo, came out of Chap 11 BK in 2004. You knew that, right?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Come on General, no one would get a personal pan before going to those destinations. Just hold out and save the calories for better food.

AUS has BBQ
ABQ has green chile soup
LAS has the Roach coach
and OMA is a tie, I would hold out for godfathers personally.

My point is the 738 and maybe the 739 take a lot longer to deplane, clean, service, etc compared to what you are used to (737-300,500,700). That now has to be added to turn time, which finally allows you not to sprint between meal and push back. Good for you guys! But, that can add to your day, especially if you have 5 legs on a 738. Just bid the old 733 intra Texas to avoid the longer days! Aloha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I have no idea how you would get 220 people on a 737-900. I flew them in India and they packed em tight. We could take 212. Boeing tried to sell it as a 757 replacement. While not a bad aircraft it certainly is not the machine the 75 was/is. Having said that, it is a very small step from -800 to -900. Add ten minutes to the turn and all will be well.

Jet

I have no idea how you would get 220 people on a 737-900. I flew them in India and they packed em tight. We could take 212. Boeing tried to sell it as a 757 replacement. While not a bad aircraft it certainly is not the machine the 75 was/is. Having said that, it is a very small step from -800 to -900. Add ten minutes to the turn and all will be well.

Jet

On the ER, the aft pressure bulkhead is shaped differently and allows for more rows of seats. Did you fly ERs in India?

I thought in the end, the 737 was known as the 757 killer. The longer the 73 was stretched, the less 757's were ordered.

The important numbers are the first two. "7" and "3".....those mean it's a total POS. The larger the last three numbers, the poorer the POS flies and the more runway you'll need in/out.

There's nothing BIG about a big 73. It may haul the same number of seats as the 752 but it'll never perform the same set of tasks. 73's suck! I can certainly understand why SWA keeps the fleet common, but there's nothing cool about a 73 no matter how much you stretch it....and it ain't a big airplane just cuz it uses the same amount of runway as an airplane weighing three times as much!

It's probably made more money than any other aircraft in history, that's pretty cool. The Concorde was snazzy but when it came to making money it wasn't viable in the long run like the 737. It sounds like "BIG" is the sole qualifier for what you seek in an airplane.

Latest resources

Back