• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors SWA has 737-900ER's in sights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The important numbers are the first two. "7" and "3".....those mean it's a total POS. The larger the last three numbers, the poorer the POS flies and the more runway you'll need in/out.

There's nothing BIG about a big 73. It may haul the same number of seats as the 752 but it'll never perform the same set of tasks. 73's suck! I can certainly understand why SWA keeps the fleet common, but there's nothing cool about a 73 no matter how much you stretch it....and it ain't a big airplane just cuz it uses the same amount of runway as an airplane weighing three times as much!

Depends on what you're comparing it to.

:p

First if all, it wouldn't be a -900ER, it'd be a Max 9. Secondly, I agree that it's not really a pilot's airplane but the sales figures don't lie. Airlines LUV this jet.

The important numbers are the first two. "7" and "3".....those mean it's a total POS. The larger the last three numbers, the poorer the POS flies and the more runway you'll need in/out.

There's nothing BIG about a big 73. It may haul the same number of seats as the 752 but it'll never perform the same set of tasks. 73's suck! I can certainly understand why SWA keeps the fleet common, but there's nothing cool about a 73 no matter how much you stretch it....and it ain't a big airplane just cuz it uses the same amount of runway as an airplane weighing three times as much!

Nothing really compares to the 75. It was a clean sheet design.

Would you rather make $250,000 flying a 737, or $150,000 in a "really big jet"?

Come on General, no one would get a personal pan before going to those destinations. Just hold out and save the calories for better food.

AUS has BBQ
ABQ has green chile soup
LAS has the Roach coach
and OMA is a tie, I would hold out for godfathers personally.

Roach Coach?

Your own airline, Atlas Air Cargo, came out of Chap 11 BK in 2004. You knew that, right?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You missed my point. Delta did not "need those laws", they abused those laws just like American is doing now.

Even though I was not at Atlas at the time, yes, I am aware of that bankruptcy. Not exactly the same as Delta and Northwest filing on the same day in the same court room.

Nothing really compares to the 75. It was a clean sheet design.

Would you rather make $250,000 flying a 737, or $150,000 in a "really big jet"?

I'd rather never step foot on an airplane again after hitting the lottery. Flying airplanes for a living is better than working at Denny's but I'm not enamored with any of it at this point. None of it sounds good to me frankly.

Never working again sounds best.

I don't think the 75's a really big jet either, but at least it's not a 73.

I'd rather never step foot on an airplane again after hitting the lottery. Flying airplanes for a living is better than working at Denny's but I'm not enamored with any of it at this point. None of it sounds good to me frankly.

Never working again sounds best.

I don't think the 75's a really big jet either, but at least it's not a 73.

Good luck with that lottery plan.

Latest resources

Back