Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok,
I am detecting an alarming trend here! Threads are going for pages without a big fat
MESSA SUKKS
Common guys just because they are swirling around in the chitter, ready to hit the sewer is no reason to let up, keep the pressure on!
PBR

Well, "G", ya posted that a little over a year ago, about the time you were asking for info on every place under the sun, so it's not a great leap of intellect to see you went someplace that would hire you with low multi. Nobody cares how many years you pounded a 172 around. Just saying. But you probably still hang out at your POS flight school on your days off because you're an "airline pilot" and all the instructors look up to you YAY :puke:

Yeah sure, I often walk back into the ole school in full uniform and tell them my 'so there i was' stories of turning aircraft and hitting autopilot on. It's really what gets me going in the mornings. Kind of like listing every aircraft type and variant in my flightinfo profile. Because when you've flown a Cessna, Piper, Pitts, a turboprop, and CRJ200 AND 700... well goodness you've just got to show that off! Way to go Maverick!

Good work on your research too, but I had well over 100 multi after blowing too much money on a POS turbo seminole trying to get interviews. Pinnacle doesn't hire under 1000/100 unless you go through an approved PFT bridge program. woopty-doo! Good effort on trying to degrade my unworthy qualifications though.

Anyway, in your rush to malign the company I work for, you completely missed my original point, so I'll explain again using small words you can understand. Delta is putting ALL of their contracts under the microscope and determining which ones are most useful to break and have the smallest financial penalty. Pinnacle's was one of them, Freedom's was the first to go... And be assured that there are more to come, possibly even SkyWest. Stamping your feet and whining that "the Airlink side is flourishing" is completely irrelevant.

Who is maligning your company? You say I'm sore that SkyWest never interviewed me because I didn't have their minimums. I had their minimums. I didn't apply. I would have, but I already had job offers and was ready to move-on from instructing. So, I'm really confused here. I guess if we don't work for SkyWest then we've obviously made a gross career decision. Why you ever even brought this is up is beyond me.

Maybe the problem here is that you're reading what I'm typing in a different tone than I'm actually intending it to be in. I'm not whining at all, I was just trying to figure out your line of thinking regarding your (long lost) original statement. Lets try to stay on topic instead of the childish personal attacks. You stated that our Delta flying could have better performance if we had a new pilot contract. I said, if that's true, then shouldn't the airlink side have bad performance as well? Do you see? No? Ok well... I tried. It was just a simple question, but since you couldn't answer it you tried to take this off on a tangent.

And yes, I know all the contracts are under a microscope. I agreed with you that the scheduling excuse is not what's really going on. Pinnacle was simply next in line after the court blocked Mesa's cut. I thought this was common knowledge. It really has nothing to do with what you were initially talking about.

Last edited:
The 900's delivered to 9e 10 of 16 belong to 9e. they hold the leases directly from Bombardier. The options were Delta's. Delivery of the other 6 will be stopped pending court proceedings. If 9e wins like masa no changes. If 9e looses, they take there 10 plans and find someone else to fly them under or sell them. There were times during the delivery schedule were there was no spare plane.

Did I miss the party?
Nope... and actually, Mr. Mayor and I were planning a "performing arts" appreciation night in DTW.

I'm stuck in Arizona with a broken plane now, will prob be back on Monday, and likely in YIP for the rest of the week. I'll give you a shout. Tank, too. ;)

Nope... and actually, Mr. Mayor and I were planning a "performing arts" appreciation night in DTW.

I'm stuck in Arizona with a broken plane now, will prob be back on Monday, and likely in YIP for the rest of the week. I'll give you a shout. Tank, too. ;)

Rich, You flying for KALIT now?

Which is exactly what I was saying. Of course this 'scheduling' thing is an excuse, but it's excuse none-the-less - and it has nothing to do with a pilot contract.

18 minute turns work when your cities are Bumf*ck, Nowhere. Not Atlanta. We do quick turns at outstations too. point? none? yeah.. another d-bag speaks his mind on the ole FI.

Hey Mr. Junior. ASA, CMR and SKYW have been dealing with this for years so quit crying and suck it up. Business is business.

Latest resources

Back