• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are the pilots really buying this nonsense? The truth is you guys are upset about not having a contract and hateing your company. PCL mgt bitching about Delta's schedules is a scape goat. How many flights a day did PCL have out of ATL? (Really, I don't know) Now how many does ASA have out of ATL? (I think around 650 or more). Don't we all have to deal with the same Delta? Believe me when I say this. When we were all pissed off about our contract our management blamed Delta also. But its the same Delta, only we have a happy productive pilot group now, and our #s reflect that.

So you think this happened because the pilots are unhappy here? Then how do you explain 99% completion factor and record on-time performance on the NWA Airlink side of Pinnacle? That theory just doesn't have any validity.

You are right about one thing though. It's a Delta problem, but we all don't deal with the same agenda from Delta. Again, the schedules set-up for Pinnacle were not like the schedules set up for the rest of the DCI carriers.

Last edited:
It's a Delta problem, but we all don't deal with the same agenda from Delta. Again, the schedules set-up for Pinnacle were not like the schedules set up for the rest of the DCI carriers.

Why not? Delta has how many DCI carriers? Comair, ASA, Skywest, Republic, Expressjet, Pinnacle, Mesa, Chautauqua... Who else is currently haveing a problem? (Mesa) This is EXACTLY what ASA mgt was telling us when our #s sucked! Its Delta's fault. But I never heard any of the other DCIs having a problem.

Oh and if you are proud of your 99% completion for NWA and 4+ years into the end of your contract, that's nothing to brag about. Time to fly by the book and make sure your airplanes are the safest things in the sky. And make sure that you look at the FAR/AIM and taxi at a brisk walk speed.

Anderson was in Memphis yesterday, and last night having drinks with his old buddy Phil. In a couple of weeks Pinnacle will anounce they get to keep the 900 flying for Delta but have to make some major improvements. Anderson was quoted he is still in discussions with Pinnacle. If they really are gone, which I doubt it they will go to Comair, and rightfully so.

Why is it rightfully so they go to Comair? They are to be flown out of ATL. What? Is Comair going to open an ATL base to replace PCL, or should they go to an airline based there already? (ASA/Skywest)

For the union diehards....Sounds like the PNCL folks aren't "working to rule"....99% completion on the NWA side and reports that 9 out of 10 captains aren't participating....What say you? We know it works....why aren't they participating....????

Could it be that most in this industry.....especially at this level....don't want to "rock the boat"......

Are we really "all in this together"....or are we "all in this for ourselves".....There is a difference........

Anderson was in Memphis yesterday, and last night having drinks with his old buddy Phil. In a couple of weeks Pinnacle will anounce they get to keep the 900 flying for Delta but have to make some major improvements. Anderson was quoted he is still in discussions with Pinnacle. If they really are gone, which I doubt it they will go to Comair, and rightfully so.

He was in Memphis to tell the proverbial Bear where and when to Sh!t in the woods. Maybe Philbo was promised a job at DAL in exchange for taking PCL down when the new DAL cancels the entire RJ contract with 9E?

Why is it rightfully so they go to Comair? They are to be flown out of ATL. What? Is Comair going to open an ATL base to replace PCL, or should they go to an airline based there already? (ASA/Skywest)

Comair already does a bunch of 900 flying out of ATL. AUS, JFK, MSP, CVG, etc...and where ever else decides they should fly that day, week, month...

Why not? Delta has how many DCI carriers? Comair, ASA, Skywest, Republic, Expressjet, Pinnacle, Mesa, Chautauqua... Who else is currently haveing a problem? (Mesa) This is EXACTLY what ASA mgt was telling us when our #s sucked! Its Delta's fault. But I never heard any of the other DCIs having a problem.

Oh and if you are proud of your 99% completion for NWA and 4+ years into the end of your contract, that's nothing to brag about. Time to fly by the book and make sure your airplanes are the safest things in the sky. And make sure that you look at the FAR/AIM and taxi at a brisk walk speed.

Listen, I've could give two sh*ts less about any regionals performance. All the airlines you listed are piles of crap (including 9E). You're completely missing the point. I'm not bragging about 9E's Airlink performance. I'm asking you - how can you justify 9E DCI's failure on low pilot morale/old contract when the Airlink side is flourishing? Our on-time and completion are consistently better than both Compass and Mesaba. Again, i'm not bragging I'm just trying to get you to understand and perhaps see the error in your logic. The answer: It has nothing to do with a 4-year old contract and morale. It has to do with realistic schedules.

What other DCI carrier is running under 35 minute turns connecting from one side of ATL to the other? None. Will a new pilot contract come with rocket boots to propel our pilots across the airport faster for better #'s... whatever you wanna believe buddy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back