Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ring ring ring ring

PCL: (picking up phone) "Hey, how's it going"

Delta: "Good, good, how's your contract talks coming along? You know, we need that settled before the merger..."

PCL: " Yeah, you know, those pilots are a real pain in the rear, they actually want more pay and better work rules, and they're ticked off and fighting hard"

Delta: "Is there anything we can do to help out? Ya know, we really need this settled...."

PCL: "Ya sure, we need to swat them down, really put some pressure on them"

Delta: "OK we got just the thing for you. Let me tell you how it goes (whisper whisper)"

Curtain drops.

Ditto.

Though I think it happened on the golf course over Cohibas and booze.

Ring ring ring ring

Delta: "Good, good, how's your contract talks coming along? You know, we need that settled before the merger..."

PCL: " Yeah, you know, those pilots are a real pain in the rear, they actually want more pay and better work rules, and they're ticked off and fighting hard"

Delta: "Is there anything we can do to help out? Ya know, we really need this settled...."

Delta: "OK we got just the thing for you. Let me tell you how it goes (whisper whisper)"

Curtain drops.

Smartest thing I've read on FI in quite a while.

I don't know what this Joe Merchant character is talking about at 9E. Our SOP at DTW is succinctly expressed by 3 slogans:

1) Burn baby burn
2) heat 'em up
3) Do them no favors, show them no mercy.

oops, almost forgot number 4

A delay per day, makes Phil go gray!

Ring ring ring ring

Curtain drops.

Under any other circumstances I'd say total BS, go straighten out yout tin-foil hat.

Given the relationship petween PT and Anderson I suppose it is almost remotely possible but still HIGHLY unlikely.

Anderson has far bigger problems right now than a handful regional-tards and their little contract.

Also pulling a stunt like this materially affects the stocks of two PUBLICLY TRADED companies. The SEC swat team would be strapping on their assault gear... Is PT willing to go to jail over that contract? I'll go out on a limb and say Anderson is most certainly NOT.

What's really going on is pretty obvious...

DAL is in deep doo-doo and is looking to make reductions at almost any cost...it's a feeding frenzy, and small, poorly managed regionals are the weak herd animals in this scenario. Nothing personal, just business...

Last edited:
Under any other circumstances I'd say total BS, go straighten out yout tin-foil hat.

Given the relationship petween PT and Anderson I suppose it is almost remotely possible but still HIGHLY unlikely.

Anderson has far bigger problems right now than a handful regional-tards and their little contract.

Also pulling a stunt like this materially affects the stocks of two PUBLICLY TRADED companies. The SEC swat team would be strapping on their assault gear... Is PT willing to go to jail over that contract? I'll go out on a limb and say Anderson is most certainly NOT.

What's really going on is pretty obvious...

DAL is in deep doo-doo and is looking to make reductions at almost any cost...it's a feeding frenzy, and small, poorly managed regionals are the weak herd animals in this scenario. Nothing personal, just business...

I don't recall Richard Anderson going to jail the last time he pulled this exact same stunt at Northwest with Mesaba.

Before I became an airline pilot and really looked at the M.O. of mgmt, I would have said the same thing.

Unfortunately, this is typical S*** at an airline.
Hard to explain to non-airline employees, because they look at you like you are a radical union nut wearing the tinfoil hat you mention.

Turbo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back