• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could it be that most in this industry.....especially at this level....don't want to "rock the boat"......

Are we really "all in this together"....or are we "all in this for ourselves".....There is a difference........

Good question. Unfortunately, my former PCL brothers don't seem to be willing to do what it takes. That's disappointing. Time to stand up for yourselves.

Listen, I've could give two sh*ts less about any regionals performance. All the airlines you listed are piles of crap (including 9E). You're completely missing the point. I'm not bragging about 9E's Airlink performance. I'm asking you - how can you justify 9E DCI's failure on low pilot morale/old contract when the Airlink side is flourishing? Our on-time and completion are consistently better than both Compass and Mesaba. Again, i'm not bragging I'm just trying to get you to understand and perhaps see the error in your logic. The answer: It has nothing to do with a 4-year old contract and morale. It has to do with realistic schedules.

What other DCI carrier is running under 35 minute turns connecting from one side of ATL to the other? None. Will a new pilot contract come with rocket boots to propel our pilots across the airport faster for better #'s... whatever you wanna believe buddy!

You're completely missing the point. The point is that Delta announced more than six months ago that it wanted to cut the number of DCI carriers in half. Turns out you have better control over the brand when it's not spread out over twelve different contractors, and five or six is still enough to play against each other. We're all in Mother Delta's sights, even the "almighty SkyWest". They couldn't care less WHY your performance sucks, they just want your contract terminated and they will say what they need to make it sound legit. (reference Freedom) If you wanna whine about unrealistic schedules, try coming out west and doing 18 minute turns in a Brasilia all day long.

You're completely missing the point. The point is that Delta announced more than six months ago that it wanted to cut the number of DCI carriers in half. Turns out you have better control over the brand when it's not spread out over twelve different contractors, and five or six is still enough to play against each other. We're all in Mother Delta's sights, even the "almighty SkyWest". They couldn't care less WHY your performance sucks, they just want your contract terminated and they will say what they need to make it sound legit. (reference Freedom) If you wanna whine about unrealistic schedules, try coming out west and doing 18 minute turns in a Brasilia all day long.

Which is exactly what I was saying. Of course this 'scheduling' thing is an excuse, but it's excuse none-the-less - and it has nothing to do with a pilot contract.

18 minute turns work when your cities are Bumf*ck, Nowhere. Not Atlanta. We do quick turns at outstations too. point? none? yeah.. another d-bag speaks his mind on the ole FI.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I was saying. Of course this 'scheduling' thing is an excuse, but it's excuse none-the-less - and it has nothing to do with a pilot contract.

18 minute turns work when your cities are Bumf*ck, Nowhere. Not Atlanta. We do quick turns at outstations too. point? none? yeah.. another d-bag speaks his mind on the ole FI.

Um, yeah, last time I checked, LAX, SFO (and used to be DEN) aren't really outstations. But whatever, you know everything. Whatsamatta, still p***ed because SkyWest wouldn't hire you with 20 hours of multi??

Um, yeah, last time I checked, LAX, SFO (and used to be DEN) aren't really outstations. But whatever, you know everything. Whatsamatta, still p***ed because SkyWest wouldn't hire you with 20 hours of multi??

Here we go... my sh*tty regional is better than your sh*tty regional. So how do you look in that SkyWest cheerleader uniform anyway?

Never applied to SkyWest... But assuming I was a low-timer or PFTer is pretty funny. I forgot your 'real airline' was reserved only for the elite 1000/100 instructors of America? LOL give me a break man. Maybe you can walk my resume into SkyWest when it's the last surviving regional? Come on. Pals? Top of the bottom feeders has always been a long-term career goal for me, yah know.

By the way... 18 minute turn for how many pax again? yeah... why don't you just drop that completely irrelevant comparison. As I stated way earlier ... who gives a !@#$? Whatssamatta... still p*ssed you're just a big fish in a small pond?

Last edited:
Eagle Job Fair
I got an email about an LA American Eagle Job Fair from airlineapps.

Anyone know if the 100 hours multi is a deal breaker with them? The website just says time requirements are commensurate with experience. I've got about 1100 total, 30 multi, ATP Written, current first class, FCC license, passport, etc.... Just curious if I would even get the opportunity to interview with them at the job fair or if they'd just send me out the door. Guess there's one way to find out. :)

thanks
g

Well, "G", ya posted that a little over a year ago, about the time you were asking for info on every place under the sun, so it's not a great leap of intellect to see you went someplace that would hire you with low multi. Nobody cares how many years you pounded a 172 around. Just saying. But you probably still hang out at your POS flight school on your days off because you're an "airline pilot" and all the instructors look up to you YAY :puke:

Anyway, in your rush to malign the company I work for, you completely missed my original point, so I'll explain again using small words you can understand. Delta is putting ALL of their contracts under the microscope and determining which ones are most useful to break and have the smallest financial penalty. Pinnacle's was one of them, Freedom's was the first to go... And be assured that there are more to come, possibly even SkyWest. Stamping your feet and whining that "the Airlink side is flourishing" is completely irrelevant.

Also, you act like 9E is the ONLY company held to impossible standards by mainline. Of course you are. We all are. My point about the Brasilias is that UAL (which works from the same playbook DAL does) sets a standard they think we won't meet, and when we actually do achieve our goals, they up them so they can avoid paying out our contract bonuses the next Q. I could whine too, about how you can't make a quick turn in ORD because you're always stuck waiting on commo, or a jetbridge driver, or a wheelchair, but when push comes to shove, United doesn't give a rat's patootie that your shortcomings are actually their fault. At least they finally stopped making us swap RJ's in ORD with less than 35 minutes in the turn. It's just business, and when facing their own potential demise, the legacies are slashing any contract they believe will at least APPEAR to benefit the bottom line. It's probably not "fair", or even "logical" but it's reality. And since when do logic and reason have anything to do with the airline industry anyway?

Last edited:
Seems like an easy enough situation then. We just continue to suck ass for Delta with their 1+15 block times on a 1+45 route and we go away. Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm not crying here on my end. I personally hate Delta and Northwest. I hope they merge, die fast and go bankrupt.

I dream of the day the entire "airline" industry as we know it implodes, bleeds and sh*ts itself out of business ebola style.

ALL airlines suck. Customer service is dead. You kids argue about it like it's a high school football game with this "my airline is better than yours" drivel. They all suck.

Seems like an easy enough situation then. We just continue to suck ass for Delta with their 1+15 block times on a 1+45 route and we go away. Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm not crying here on my end. I personally hate Delta and Northwest. I hope they merge, die fast and go bankrupt.

I dream of the day the entire "airline" industry as we know it implodes, bleeds and sh*ts itself out of business ebola style.

ALL airlines suck. Customer service is dead. You kids argue about it like it's a high school football game with this "my airline is better than yours" drivel. They all suck.
Hey, buddy! How the h*ll are ya"? :)

Long time no talk,,, good to see you still think the same way. ;)

Where you been?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back