• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pesky evidence no more...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In Matthew 5:21-26 Jesus amplifies the meaning of the sixth commandment. He brings out that to commit murder means more then just killing someone, it means having an angry and unforgiving attitude towards them. The apostle John elaborates on this by writing that to hate someone is the same as murdering them (1 John 3:15). Murder like all sin, beginnings in the human mind (Matthew 15:18-19; Mark 7:20-23) it starts as a thought, in this case hatred, which leads to the action of murder (James 1:13-15; 4:1-3). The opposite of hating someone is loving them, we should even love our enemies (Matthew 5:43-48), seeking not revenge, but looking for ways to help them (Romans 12:17-21).

Yep.....that's exactly what most here want us to do!

And how about Matthew 5:9

Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Last edited:
I don't hate them.

I hate what they have done, what they do, and what they want to do.

Murder includes the concept of the unauthorized and unjust taking of life. You and I can only take a life without the structure of civil authority unless our own life or that of another is in danger.

That certainly is the case with terrorism.

Timebuilder said:
Murder includes the concept of the unauthorized and unjust taking of life. You and I can only take a life without the structure of civil authority unless our own life or that of another is in danger.

And what scripture specifies these concepts?

As far as I know, the scriptures do not differentiate between 'kill' and 'murder'. The commandment is 'Thou shall not kill', not 'Thou shall not kill.... (fine print)...'

Last edited:
So do you love the terrorists? (Matthew 5:43-48)...and how about you attitude towards people that do not want a war that was based on false premises? (Matthew 5:9) (see quote in my last post)

Hard to control the media and the public, when you cannot control the pictures or the words.

Obviously, Rummy is none to pleased with the release of the prison pictures or the release of the picture of caskets of our brave service men and women.

It might make the public ask hard questions. Can't have that now, can we? Certainly not this close to election!

CLCAP said:
So do you love the terrorists? (Matthew 5:43-48)...and how about you attitude towards people that do not want a war that was based on false premises? (Matthew 5:9) (see quote in my last post)

If you are talking about extending the love of Christ to all humans, the answer is yes. This is far different from what we normally consider to be "love" among ourselves, which carries a connotation of admiration and respect. That's a different animal entirely.

As I said, I do not believe we have here a war based on false premises. Sadaam broke the peace agreement. That's all that was needed.

It might make the public ask hard questions. Can't have that now, can we? Certainly not this close to election!

Many don't know the rhyme about maintaining security during wartime: "loose lips sink ships." No one is saying that wrongdoing should not be punished, but lets be honest here. A democrat president whould not be getting heat from a frustrated press over some pictures of naked men.

It's strictly a political agenda at work.

If hard questions are to be asked, then why were't these prisoners being interrogated with more forcefulness?

Last edited:
Left wing conspiracy, right wing conspiracy. Always a conspiracy, isn't it.

Obvious?

quote: cclap
"It's pretty obvious at this time that Sadam (as evil of a person as he was) did not even remotely pose a threat to us - and if we thought so before and the intel was wrong - well fess up to it."

This is obvious...how? Go back and look at the comments made by almost ALL of the Dems prior to our invasion. I don't see how you can assert that there is anything obvious about what was and is going on over there.

W

Timebuilder,

For you to state that the events in Abu Ghriab were just pictures of naked men, is for you to deny the reality that took place there. Pictures of naked men conjures up an image of someone in the doctors office getting their annual physical exam. The photos I've seen show torture and inhumane treatment.

I've seen pictures of a man handcuffed to a railing bent over in an extreme position, hooded, and reported to have been in this agonizing position for days. I've seen photos of German Shepard dogs with barred teeth in a man's face. I've seen video of guards striking a shackled and hooded prisoner to the ground,while other guards watch in apparent amusement. I could go on and on.

You destroy any credibility you might have, when you understate the reality to a degree that makes you look like you are intentionally misleading folks. I'm not blind, and I don't think you are either. These were not just naked men. They were naked men being beaten and tortured. You profess to be such an advocate of the teachings of Christ. So, I ask you, WWJD if He saw this stuff going on in Abu Ghriab?

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
Left wing conspiracy, right wing conspiracy. Always a conspiracy, isn't it.

No, it's a matter of getting the job done, the job we are there to do. There are already procedures in place for dealing with soldiers who step outside the boundaries of policies and orders. The photos, in this case, were brought to light by a disgruntled father. Both he and his son should be arrested for sharing confidential information that could undermine the war effort and bring aid and comfort to the enemy.

Those who stepped outside the boudaries should be investigated, if that is what happened. Thats for the experts to investigate, and reporters and congressmen are not the experts.

The motivation of the press is to make themselves appear to be champions of fairness and to sell advertisiing, and to support ideas and events that will bring their friends back to power. That isn't a "coonspiracy," it's a part of human nature.

All you need to be able to see a good illustration of this is to read the ramblings of the democrats on the 9-11 comission as they made speeches and asked rhetorical questions instead of asking questions of witnesses, and also things like telling Rudy Giuliani that a troop of boy scouts could have done a better job of coordinating response efforts on 9-11. That isn't evidence of seeking the truth, it's the evidence of their agenda.

It doesn't make it a "conspiracy," it's evidence of desperation.

Latest resources

Back