• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pesky evidence no more...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a good thing for the sake of OPSEC. I don't know why these things would be allowed there in the first place. Nice try trying to bust Rummy's balls with this though.

Next step ----> Kick out the media so our military can do their jobs. Those of you who've been there know what I'm talking about.

I'm amazed that uncontrolled cameras of ANY kind were allowed in the possession of soldiers.

You're not allowed to take pictures without permission, so it's logical that tiny cameras that one can easily conceal should be banned. I'm sure the Abu Graib incident pushed this idea into law though because it shows how easily pictures can get out.

Rather than removing the means of uncovering the acts, why do we not focus on correcting the offending behavior?

To me, this seem like the old idiom, "A crime is only illegal when you're caught."

ATL2CDG: Ever been in the military or been shot at? Ever had the responsibility of making decisions that determine who lives and who dies?

I didn't think so, so shut up.

This is not a frickin' game son, people's lives are at stake. If you want to play Dudley DoRight join the friggin' Peace Corps, or become a combat correspondent and go uncover this c r a p yourself. Better yet, since ASA fired you and you are under 25, go enlist, then you can make sure up close and personal everyone plays nice.

I for one am tired of your whining drivel.

bart:

And I am tired of yours, but you continue!

Unfortunately, I fear you shall either have to become accustomed to the fact that not everyone thinks like you or you can simply ignore what I say.

Welcome to America.

---

When were these MPs shot at by the prisoners? Where were these MPs' lives at stake inside the prison? Quite to the contrary, it was the prisoners who were at risk; in fact, several died. What's more is dozens were recently released after they were found innocent of any wrongdoing...

Last edited:
ATL2CDG said:

Welcome to America.
Yes, welcome to America. Where a nation willingly destroys itself from within for one simple reason: the hatred of one man.

BOTTOM LINE.

ATL2CDG: If wasting 2 or 20 foreign fighters got me one piece of information that MIGHT save one of my soldiers, I would do it in a heartbeat. Would it be tough to live with, yes, would there be hell to pay, yes, I would still do it. You have no idea what the circumstances were. From what I have heard the people killed in the prisons were not Iraqis, but Syrians and Iranians, what the he ll were they doing there?

It is very easy to have this morally superior atitude when you are not in the s h i t. Who knows, maybe you could keep it after seeing two or three buddies lose limbs and lives. You won't know until you find out.

I still think you should enlist. You would d a m n sure gain more insight and respect for your fellow countrymen that you are soooo ashamed of.

ATL2CDG said:
Rather than removing the means of uncovering the acts, why do we not focus on correcting the offending behavior?

To me, this seem like the old idiom, "A crime is only illegal when you're caught."

A crime?

The events at Abu Graib are non-news in my book. The real news here is the polarity of the Arab world's reaction. They seem to think US soldiers have committed war crimes at Abu Graib, while there is abject silence over war crimes commited by Muslim extremeists.

Interrogation of prisoners to extract information that may save lives can be, and should be, messy. Humiliation of prisoners by making them wear underwear on their heads and making them play naked Twister is improper, but doesn't come close to being abuse or torture. The soldiers involved should be repremanded and made to review proper procedures.

I'm sorry that there's still a need to put things in perspective concerning US troops vs. the bad guys. Here's a video I ran across depicting Muslim terrorists in Chechnya "mistreating" a captured Russian soldier.
http://www.consumptionjunction.com/content/detail.asp?ID=34997&type=1&page=3&fav=0

***WARNING***
This video is extremely graphic and disturbing! Possibly more so than the Nick Berg video.

In this war, there continues to be the good guys and the bad guys. There continues to be good and evil. It's still obvious who is who.

Latest resources

Back