• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT town hall CLT With Pres of UsExpress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will start a new thread about all the PDT problems we have. Pay, MX, schedulind. pay............
Oh yeah, did I mention that I had a hydraulic line burst today after someone had the double emergency two weeks ago? We are going down......

ATR's...northeast flying in the ice...hmmm
You obviously have no clue about the ATR or that accident. Faulty company procedures (and some other issues) killed that crew. I flew the ATR. Eagle and ASA still fly them iced up. You want to carry bags, gas, and people? You call in an ATR, not a Dash.

Hey now, them's fightin' words in a PDT thread!
That's true. I should've choosen my words more carefully. Not meaning to step on toes. Just saying that when you compare fuel burns, pax load, and bags on flights of less than 500nm, the ATR is pretty darn hard to beat....even against the Q (which is a fuel hog comparatively). But I digress, let's not get off topic.

Just saying that when you compare fuel burns, pax load, and bags on flights of less than 500nm, the ATR is pretty darn hard to beat....even against the Q (which is a fuel hog comparatively

Not Sure what the Q400's could do out of HXD, but the few times I flew the Dash 8/300 in there, I believe it was only about 38 pax that we could carried out. I counted the pax get on the ATR last week and they took 41 pax and departed of 21! That ain't to shabby!!!!! (if they took all there bags)
Makes me wonder what the Q400 could do!

The Big seller on the Q400 is its Jet Like speed! But wait! Don't we all get paid by flight time??? Wouldn't bother me to bring on a big slow ATR!! :)

Come on, ATRs ain't THAT slow. The old -72s true out at about 270-275. I think the new -500s are even faster (never flew a -500, though). But it's all done on 1600lbs/hr too.

Come on, ATRs ain't THAT slow. The old -72s true out at about 270-275. I think the new -500s are even faster (never flew a -500, though). But it's all done on 1600lbs/hr too.

wink wink.. true (but the Q400 is a 360kts plane), The new ATR/500's I believe have 6 bladded props! I would think that might effect the speed a bit.

DG, you work for ASA? If so, are you guys still planning on parking the ATR's at the end of the year? And if so why?

I think that if the Dash 8's have given years of reliable service then that should be a good reason to stick with them, and that i own stock in bombardier!

Latest resources

Back