• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA classes

RJCAP,

I talked to one of the IPs today and he said we are running 2
classes per month for the RJ, so about 48 spots (one day class
and one night session).

601Pilot

Ok. That should trim it down to 6 months give or take to train everybody.

I predict we start interviewing again in mid to late summer.

Why you might ask ?

The newly announced westward expansion will require additional pilots.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

I understand its SLC-ONT, but from where to SLC to begin with? You guys got rooked, Comair got Santa Barbara out of the chute.

I understand its SLC-ONT, but from where to SLC to begin with? You guys got rooked, Comair got Santa Barbara out of the chute.

Thats OK. We also got PHX, LAX, Vegas, Denver, Colorado Springs, ABQ, and New Orleans. The rest is still sketchy. I will be curious to see how the pairings work out. It will probably be thin at first.

They finally dropped the maintenance base in Texarkana. That was an absolutely wothless overnight/destination.

Not bad for the month of April. I will still keep my fingers crossed for more CA destinations.

You asked from where?

DFW-SLC

DFW will be the originating city for those that RJCAP listed.

Also, RJCAP, thanks for backing me up before on the furlough issue.

medeco

Is ONT going to come out of SLC? How about the rest of the new cities? Are they out of DFW or SLC?

Seems like DFW is the place to be right now, I am thinking of moving out there for the faster upgrade. I may be in the right seat forever in ATL.

I'm going back to cali....to cali...to cali

I'm going back to cali....WHAT?......I don't think so!

How about San Diego baby!!!!!:D

higherflyer said:
I have heard there will be a small class in July.
You must have heard this from someone outside of ASA. Anyone on the inside would know that we don't plan anything that far out...and I don't mean that as a company slam. It's just that things change too fast to plan on having a small class in July.

Re: You asked from where?

Medeco said:
DFW-SLC

DFW will be the originating city for those that RJCAP listed.

Also, RJCAP, thanks for backing me up before on the furlough issue.

medeco

Actually, it goes DFW-ONT-SLC operated on the 70 seater. There are not any DFW-SLC flights on the schedule. This is straight from the delta website. Good to see this expansion happening.

Will this expansion affect hiring?

This thread has had lots of talk about expansion, primarily from DFW and westward. But what I can't figure out from these posts is if this will affect hiring. I am in the "pool" and am awaiting a new hire class date. About two weeks ago, pilot recruitment stated that probably no new hire classes til maybe '04.

Everyone seems so excited about this expansion. What I am wondering is if this expansion was what ASA hired for last fall, or is this NEW expansion that may trigger a new hire class soon.

Also, does anyone know how many of us left in the pool? At last count about 30, but that is just everyones guess. Any reliable info on this please post. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back