No more ASA new-hire classes til '04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avrodriverj85

I can't believe it ! Got the call this morning from Capt. E.

No more new hire classes for ASA til 2004.

Apparently, Delta is retiring the Brasilia and those crews need to be trained, which according to Capt E. is going to take the rest of the year. the Brasilia has already been taken off the Feb flight schedule.

Also, those in the pool after 6 months from there interview will be dropped and records destroyed! Yikes.. I believe just the paperwork would have to be filled out, but we all know how that goes. There was a glimmer of hope. It was mentioned that things can change, but it's doubtful.

Back to the drawing board.

Wow, thats not good news!!!! Just out of curiosity how many pilots are there currently in the Silver Bullett?

If you want to work out of ATL send AWAC a resume. If ASA is not hiring, I think we are planning on growing the AirTran deal quite a bit. We had the stop of growth when we got rid of most of our DO328's last year. I dont know when hiring will start again but estimate in March (we are shedding the rest of the 328's and getting RJ's to replace them). Just throwing it out for info. ASA is a great gig so stay with them until they hire again. I am not saying AWAC is better, infact, I think they are very comparable, and AWAC is growing in ATL for AirTran. ATL is very junior now for FO's.

I have been hearing the same thing in the crew lounge lately. The backlog in training due to the retirement of the E-120 and the opening of the CR7 base in DFW will prevent the hiring of any new pilots for most of 2003. For the year 2003 we will have a net loss of 2 aircraft.

Never give up though, I have a feeling that they will need to do some more hiring toward the end of 2003.

Call Comair. 350-400 people this year and 33ish jets. 45-50 newhires a month.

moving up the seniority list quickly!!!!!keep it comin baby

Well, technically you're not moving up, but more people coming in behind you. ;)

Thats why this so called freeze at ASA sux. Instead of 40 people of month coming in behind me, now Im gonna have 40 or so EMB guys coming over in front of me. (affecting airplane position, not overall seniority) which will probably bump me back on reserve... OUCH.... Of course even if they still hire 40 a month, they're most likely going to DFW on different airplanes anyway, so it means nothing to me that way either,. oh well,.

Does anyone have a life preserver. . . I

I was hoping someone would reply and say this wasn't true. I have not received any such call. Has anyone else in the pool received notice of some sort?

Anyone else with info please share in the misery.

No so fast my friend...........

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't put any money on ASA not
having any new hire classes this year. I heard one more this
month and none scheduled after that. The Brasilia will be in
Atlanta until June and, rumor has it, out of Atlanta and Dallas
by September `03. I doubt anyone will be allowed off of the
Brasilia for a couple of months, but the flood gates should open
in late spring/early summer.

Just my $0.02!

601Pilot

Actually heard a rumor today that ASA will furlough pilots out of seniority order so they will not have to pay E-120 guys to sit around while they await retraining on other aircraft.

Of course this is against our PWA, and I don't know how they would pull it off.

A rumor a day is the ASA way.

Latest resources

Back