No more ASA new-hire classes til '04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumors

I am also swimming in the pool and haven't heard anything at all from ASA. If the original post is true, then the pool would be empty by May and I don't believe they would want that.

I recieved my letter in November and was told that it would probably be 5-6 months before I would be in a class. I'll stick with that until I hear otherwise from them.

Anyone have any sun block.....:cool:

Actually heard a rumor today that ASA will furlough pilots out of seniority order so they will not have to pay E-120 guys to sit around while they await retraining on other aircraft.

This flies in the face of logic since we have 2 new hire classes for January and you can't furlough out of seniority order.

Sleepy, why would you post such nonsense ??

The CRJ 200 will be overstaffed for a while during the transition. This has happened before and those on reserve did not fly much.

We should be thankful that the EMB's are leaving us !!!

Put the last one up on a pole, as a warning to future generations....

rjcap said:
The CRJ 200 will be overstaffed for a while during the transition. This has happened before and those on reserve did not fly much.
Thank God! After the past two weeks, I was thinking about stepping up for one of those out-of-seniority furlough deals.

rjcap said:
This flies in the face of logic since we have 2 new hire classes for January and you can't furlough out of seniority order.

Sleepy, why would you post such nonsense ??

We should be thankful that the EMB's are leaving us !!!

Yea, I know it defies logic. So does a lot of the stuff I read on here. It is an informational forum, and I was passing along what peope (in the know ? ) were saying in our crew lounge the other day. Never underestimate the evil that the company and it's lawyers can do.

rjcap said:

Fly in the face of logic???

In the airline industry??? Who'da thunk it?

Didn't Delta have a no furlough clause? If they want to do it, they will find a way. Hopefully they will just ante up do the right thing.

Logic and reason will play no part in the decision. It's all about the benjamins.

The retirement of the EMB has been known for quite awhile. I doubt that we would even be having new hire classes now if they thought we were going to have "to many" pilots in the future. They will start from the top and work their way down the list and place pilots on other aircraft. (i know of some who want the ATR, or 70, not just the 50 ) For the rest, they are going to be displaced until their bid comes up. (i.e., sent to DFW until they can hold a slot in ATL on another aircraft) Look at the prelims, they are short quite a few guys on the EMB in DFW. Coincidence? NOT...

A second New hire class in Jan??

Okay, for those of us in the pool, we are interested in Rjcap's message that there were two new hire classes in Jan. So far I have heard of one, the one that started on January 2nd. Has anyone been notified of a second class??

If anyone has any more intel, please pass along. We are hanging on to our life preserver out here in the meantime.

Ok. Ive tried to keep out of this but just have to put my .02 in.
Skip came to talk in dallas a few months ago. He stated that the E120's would be gone from ATL by mid summer 03. A week later it comes out in E DOCS on Flica. Ok I believe it now.
He also stated that he would like to see the E120 START to leave Dallas by the end of 03. I do repeat START to leave dallas by the end of 03.

If all of the sudden we are retiring all E120's from the fleet sometime this year, why have we seen nothing official??? Nothing in E DOCS, nothing posted in Ops/Crew room, nothing official anywhere to be found from mgt (just word of mouth from one pilot to another).

Now, how about the openings on the E120 in DFW on the prelims (Feb). Why are we putting new hires on this equipment in DFW if we are going to turn around and have to retrain the folks in a few months????

What about the upgrade class on the 120 scheduled to begin in Feb (Jan Final awards) 8 folks sceduled for DFW CA EM2. Why are we still upgrading if we are going to remove this equipment from the fleet in a few months???

Finally, if ASA and Comair are the only parts of DAL making money for them, why then would they shrink the fleet this year (net loss of 2 a/c). If you owned an orchard with 10 trees and were losing money, would you really want to go chop 2 trees down?

This sounds like so many of the other rumors Ive heard not only here but on the flight deck soooo many times before. Just like the Airbus thing floating on here for a while, or us on the west coast by the end of 02, or sooo many others that boggle the mind.

I could be completely off base here and forgive me if Im wrong or offended anyone (I dont post often, like to fly under the radar if yall know what i mean) but it just doesnt add up to me. Kind of like telling me 2+2 = 3.

Well thats all i have to say about that.

ASAFO

I doubt that we would even be having new hire classes now if they thought we were going to have "to many" pilots in the future.

Bailout - can't be true.

Sleepy heard it in the crew lounge from people in the know. ( That means important people who are really smart that talk to Skip everyday.)

Any other insider gossip sleepy ????

Never underestimate the evil that the company and it's lawyers can do.

Never underestimate the stupidity of pilots !

Latest resources

Back