• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nashville, TN Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey with this announcment about Nissan relocating corporate here to Nashville, does anyone know if they have a flight dept that will be coming along with them? I would love to get out of 121 for a nice stable corporate gig that was out of Nashville. I can't find anything on Nissan as far as a flight dept goes (aside from 240Z out of MQY).

jj

They already have a flight department in MQY. All of their management is located at their hangar in Smyrna. I understand they have relocated a CL-604 from Long Beach and have a G-V to support Asia ops located in the Pacific somewhere. Very minimal staff and use a lot of contract workers. I think I heard that guys are cross trained in 2 types and do a rotation. They really work their butts off and are gone a bunch.

Nissan has a couple of G550 guys basically full-time in Guam. They rotate the Smyrna people out every so often to provide a 3rd crewmember.

I ran into them at NRT last month. They aren't just gone a lot--they are gone all the time. But, no one seems to be leaving. They are really great guys, too.
TC

Anyone have the latest on Nashville Jet? I see they're advertising like crazy for Lear and GII drivers. I have the opportunity to get an 1159 type here next month, and am thinking about giving them a call... right now anything is better than what I'm doing. But I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side, so that's why i'm curious, cause I've heard mixed opinions from a few folks the past few weeks.

Thanks.

I used to fly for Averitt. I moved on to Flight Options, but you might give them a call. I recently spoke to the Chief Pilot (Jim Huddleston) and he said that they are looking for some guys. Just this past week, I got two of my friends hired on at Options that were Averitt pilots, so I know they are down by two guys. Currently, they are kind of low paying, but you'll fly excellently maintained Lears (31A, 35, 55). Their number is 800-519-4222, ask for Jim Huddleston (CP) or Tom Tate (Dir of Trng & Safety).

As far as the Nissan job in Smyrna goes, that is more of a "legacy position" where you really need to have a ton of experience and be married to the Chief Pilot's daughter (you get the idea).

Colemill (at Cornelia Fort Airpark) flies 135 in King Air 200s & Navajo's. Corporate Flight Mgmt in Smyrna flies, I think, Lear 35s, MU-2s, Diamond (or Beechjet), I can't really remember. These are both reputable companies. Typical issues that any small 135 has.

good luck,
flyboycpa

Friends don't let friends work at Options......

Nashville Jet will always be one of "those" charter companies as long as Frank F. is involved.

He's tried to get my dad to take 2 Lear flights "off the records" in the last 90 days (hasn't flown a Lear in about 25 years). Dad offered to come to work full-time if Frank would put him through school and get 135 current. Frank said No.

Frank usually won't hire someone unless you have a current .293, .297, and .299 check letter that he can bring you straight in the door. Especially if you're not even Part 61 current, he doesn't want to spend the money to send you to full initial again.

I would avoid them if you have a choice. There aren't a whole lot of "good" operators in Nashville. Funny how all these guys who never got on with the airlines get stuck in the charter world as Chief Pilots and D.O.'s and they're the most unpleasant bunch of people to have to work for in existence.

There's a reason that "who you know" is so important. If you can get hired somewhere without having an inside rec, take a good, close look at the operation. It's either relatively new and, therefore, not the most stable position or the pay or people you work with suck.

Good luck!

Whatever happened to the Caremark department since the CVS deal?

Latest resources

Back