Nashville, TN Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nashville

Nashville is a crappy place to be looking for flying work. I do know that Mercury lost 18 acres of ramp space at BNA and that starting in June(I think), that space will go back to the Airport Aurthoirty and they will be building 3 new large corporate hangars, so hopefully, there will be some growth here in town. Nashville jet is down to like 2 planes and they are contract. Averitt has some nice planes but they dont move much. CFM is a good outfit based in Smyrna. You'd think in a city the size of Nashville with the money that is here there'd be some good coroporate jobs and lots of charter but its not that way. Mabye it will be in the future.

:p

Sorry about that Okay... Got tied up over vacation and a week from hell here at Pinnacle. Meant to say what a lot of the guys above have with a few additions:

Nashville Jet is run by a guy named Frank Frasier... anyone that's been around Nashville for a while can give you the skinny, but the long and short is that the guy has a tendency to be fairly cutthroat towards both competition and non-cooperative pilots who are *ahem* strict on their rest and duty interpretations. 'Nuff said.

Corporate is a pretty decent op as is Averitt, two of the better games in town although pay leaves much to be desired at both - Lear pilots fall out of the nearest tree you can shake. People keep trying every few years to put a cabin-class jet on charter in Nashville and it always falls flat on its face before they give up, mainly because the big names in town (Dell, Bell South, etc) all have their own corporate flight departments in other cities.

I'll make a few calls to some people I used to work with and see if anything new is up and coming. A friend of mine went to work recently at Fraction Air - they made him pay for his own training in the HS which I wasn't crazy about but when you have little other job prospects... Will let you know what I come up with.

Bring this thread back from the dead.. Anything changed lately? :)

I also have been wondering about CFM. They just had a big article about the place in the local paper in middle tennessee. Im in So. Florida right now, but would love to get back to that area if the local companies are flying a good bit.

Not much has changed.

One outfit (an unknown pharmaceutical company) was advertising for a Lear 55 and CL Captain. Guess they filled it.

Another outfit was looking for a Gulfstream Captain and I'm pretty sure they filled it.

Averitt still is doing VERY poorly - no ramp-up in aircraft or pilot hiring.

Corporate is still hiring Lear guys pretty regularly - just ran a class a few weeks ago but pay still sucks - 50k or so for CA's, God only knows how little for F/O's.

Gaylord was looking to fill their Chief Pilot (he's retiring) and their other CA position (he went to work for Cracker Barrel). No word if they've filled them yet. I applied and I've even flown with the Chief Pilot before and haven't heard jack shiznit back - could be 'cause I don't have any Astra time, who knows.

Good luck,

Lear70 said:
One outfit (an unknown pharmaceutical company) was advertising for a Lear 55 and CL Captain. Guess they filled it.

Another outfit was looking for a Gulfstream Captain and I'm pretty sure they filled it.

Gaylord was looking to fill their Chief Pilot (he's retiring) and their other CA position (he went to work for Cracker Barrel). .

lear, did you hear about this stuff word-of-mouth or were they advertised someplace specific?

anyone hear if the dollar general job was filled?

All of it on planejobs.com

Last I heard Dollar General was still perusing the resumes, supposed to make a decision this month (that part is word of mouth) but obviously I haven't gotten an interview call. ;)

I should add that some of the info I posted above I got from "sources" I have at the field from having worked in and around Nashville since '94.

Dollar gen. has filled their slots.

Cracker barrel are still hiring and Averitt is not doing so well. I'm sure you already hear about Nashville Jet...ahem....I would not recommed it !!

Corporate flight out of MQY is doing ok, I hear they need Lear guys like crazy..35s,45s,60s, and I think some westwinds.

Gaylord is looking but pay is much to be desired

Pelican,

Are you with CFM. Im from Murfreesboro, TN and flying air ambulance in south florida right now. I am flying a heck of a lot, but would love to get back to the nashville area. Wasnt sure how much flying was being done there at cfm. Why so many Lear pilots being sought after?

Latest resources

Back