Nashville, TN Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okaythen said:
Any of you all know anything about Nashville Jet?

I personally know a guy that works for Nashville jet. Flies the LR-35. Pay is REALLY GOOD. QOL is marginal. If you want the good pay, then you have to work a lot. But if you work about 15 days a month, your pay still isn't bad. I don't know about SIC's but PIC pay is something like this for the LR-35:

Base salary: $40K
Per day flying: $150/day
Per diem: Not sure, but it's a LOT. He told me and I forgot.

So, if you work 20 days a month, (which is what my buddy does.....he's single, unmarried, doesn't mind being on the road, etc.), he gets his $40K base salary, plus $150 a day per day you fly X 20 days a month equals another $3000 a month, X 12 months a year equals $36K more a year, so that's $76K a year not counting per diem for driving a LR-35. Pretty good frickin dough. You won't be home much, but you'll make a buttload of money.

According to him, they're looking to buy a LR-35, (talked to him about a month ago, it may have happened by now), so obviously they'll need pilots. Look into it.

Pelican 10 said:
Gaylord is looking but pay is much to be desired
Maybe that's why I didn't get called... When they asked about pay on the application I put $85,000 for the CA slot, $105,000 for the Chief Pilot slot. In Nashville that's high-end money, even if it is close to NBAA numbers, and Gaylord is notoriously tight-fisted with pay for ALL their employees.

I'm already making $70,000 a year with 13 days off or so a month (after I tinker with my schedule some) so unless it's a hefty chunk of cash AND better QOL, I'm staying put.

I've already said all I'm going to about Nashville Jet... don't need to say much more - that's firsthand experience by the way.

Good luck to ya'...

I use to fly for CFM but most of my close friends still do.

They have 3-4 lear 35s, 2 lear45s,1 Lear 60, 2 westwinds from what they tell me they still fly quite a bit, lears are approx. 55-70 a month and the jetstreams can go up to 90 a month, still no schedule but they are getting close to changing that....don't know the details though.
Ref. pay....I have no idea, when i was there iT WAS BELOW AVERAGE FOR THE REGION AND TYPE OF AIRPLANE FLOWN.

Hope It helps...good luck

Coalmill is out of Cornelia Fort, as well. I'm not sure what they're all about, but I used to hear them flying around quite a bit. There was also a falcon parked across from us, near the Signature ramp. I'm not sure who they were (I wanna say dollar general, but I'm not sure). You could walk a resume into their hangar, perhaps.

Thanks Pelican,

Yeah, i have heard the pay is low, but im not really making bags of cash down here in ft lauderdale. Its a great experience and i love the flying (about 800 to 1000 hours per year) but the cost of living here and in Miami is absolutely redonkulous! There is no way i could own property here. Overpriced and the landscape is overgrown....kinda dirty down here, but its next to the beach...not so bad. Thanks for the info guys!

What do you guys think of Colemill? Seems alot of people dislike them?

learthirty5 said:
I also have been wondering about CFM. They just had a big article about the place in the local paper in middle tennessee. Im in So. Florida right now, but would love to get back to that area if the local companies are flying a good bit.

CFM is a good place to work overall. But as someone above stated, the pay is something to be desired. I heard that the starting pay is now around $27k for FO's. Used to be $22k not so long ago. That was being qualified and flying two airplanes. The Chief Pilot is a good guy and an excellent aviator (unless things have changed).

Latest resources

Back