• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't bother me that you want to discount what I said. Can you enlighten me with what is really going on?

I'm equally unconcerned that your characterization of 2 guys you've never even met makes you sound like an uniformed paranoid zealot. It's your choice.

I have no idea why KR has dreamed up this little drama. I personally don't see how more talk will change anyone's stance. The company folks will listen and hear what they need to hear, the union followers will call every word a half-truth, empty promise, or outright lie. Nothing will change.

I also don't know what the guys picked for this are thinking. I'd guess they want help the pilot group get some answers. Altruism isn't dead at FJ, at least not yet.

Btw: please let us know how it goes when you call FW a backstabbing sellout to his face.

I don't really care if you think I sound like an uninformed paranoid zealot. I'm trying to get answers and your reply has fallen short.

If you're looking for a real answer on this forum you are even more uniformed than I thought. If you want a real informed answer to your question, call Kenn. He's the only one that knows what's going on is his head, everyone else would be just guessing.

Or, call Frank and ask him what's up. I'm sure he'll be happy to gently inform you of your mis-characterization.

Frank is a stand up guy, trying to be stand up again. It pains me to see him used as a Tool in this manner.

You paint with a very broad stoke Cabbie.

You should be careful who you're calling names. Since you don't actually work here I'll tell you... the FJ guys are straight up guys, and you look like a fool for saying otherwise.

Do we even really know who the Flexjet guys are for sure? I envision a change or 5 before tape time. I know of several who were asked and turned it down flat so they are going down a long list. It really says something they are having to dig so deep to find 2 guys willing.

I also know one of the "announced" never agreed and feels forced into it. It will be interesting to see how he handles it come video day. I disagree with you on the straight up part. One who is willing to do something publicly but groan behind closed doors is not straight up. As for the other, well, that just not an accurate term for someone notoriously willing to put themselves first before anyone, ever.

No disrespect, I like them both but not sure by the definition of "straight up" they qualify.

Last edited:
Do we even really know who the Flexjet guys are for sure? I envision a change or 5 before tape time. I know of several who were asked and turned it down flat so they are going down a long list. It really says something they are having to dig so deep to find 2 guys willing.

I also know one of the "announced" never agreed and feels forced into it. It will be interesting to see how he handles it come video day. I disagree with you on the straight up part. One who is willing to do something publicly but groan behind closed doors is not straight up. As for the other, well, that just not an accurate term for someone notoriously willing to put themselves first before anyone, ever.

No disrespect, I like them both but not sure by the definition of "straight up" they qualify.

You've met the FJ guys and have an informed opinion that differs from mine...no disrespect taken. I have no idea who the Options guy is, I'll defer to those that know him.

It seems like a no win situation for those in the spotlight. They'll be called a company stooge if they go easy or risk being labeled "an unhappy employee" if they come out too tough.

It seems like a no win situation for those in the spotlight. They'll be called a company stooge if they go easy or risk being labeled "an unhappy employee" if they come out too tough.

Right, we agree. So the sharp point I glossed over in the previous post was if they're not smart enough to realize this and then therefore turn it down, then they're not smart enough to represent me. It's incredibly naive, foolish and arrogant to think they are different or better than the dozens who have turned it down or the union who has clearly labeled this charade for what it is.

The troublesome thing for these two is, unfortunately, naive, foolish and arrogant people usually get their just desserts in the long run. I hate to see two good guys go the route of Handjob, who's head is already on the platter while Ricci decides what course to serve it in.

Kenn might be smarmy, deceitful and perhaps even evil but he ain't dumb. I have no doubt the union will be able to make hay out of whatever video is produced but these guys? Aaaayyyy, they've dug their grave of credibility and respect from more than a few among our group.

The union battle might never be able to destroy friendships but it sure can destroy respect. You have to admit I'm right on that one, luckydog.

Last edited:

Business Aviation
NMB Clears Way for Flexjet/Flight Options Union Vote

by Kerry Lynch
- October 1, 2015, 12:42 PM

The National Mediation Board (NMB) yesterday issued a ruling recognizing Flight Options and Flexjet as a single carrier, setting up a vote on whether the combined pilot groups will be unionized. The International Local Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), which represents approximately 380 Flight Options pilots, sought a ruling that the companies operate as a single transportation system for representation purposes under the Railway Labor Act. The IBT has been seeking to organize the current 310 Flexjet pilots as one group with Flight Options pilots.
“We are pleased with the NMB’s determination and believe it will give these two carriers the ability to grow and prosper as a larger unified company,” said Capt. David Bourne, director of the Teamsters airline division.
Flexjet also lauded the ruling, saying it brings the two companies one step closer to fully merging operations under parent Directional Aviation. Directional is maintaining separate brands and service offerings of the two companies, but said it has combined the operations where it made sense. One of the final steps, the company said, is to eliminate separation of the employees.
“Being recognized as a single transportation system allows us to bring a consistent set of work rules to both pilot groups and will provide the necessary foundation to complete our growth plan,” said Flexjet chairman Kenn Ricci.
A vote on union representation has not been set yet, but is expected before year-end. The outcome will be determined by a majority vote.
“This is a crucial time in deciding what the culture of this company will be going forward,” Ricci said in a letter to employees, adding: “This is also a rare and unique opportunity to give the Flight Options pilots, after 10 years with the Teamsters, the ability to reestablish a direct relationship with the company.” But he also said, no matter the position, “It is critical that you vote in the upcoming decision.”
The decision comes as Flexjet is rapidly growing, announcing plans to hire more than 100 pilots over the next 12 to 18 months. Flexjet further has been expanding its fleet, recently adding new Embraer Legacy and Gulfstream types. Flight Options also has been replenishing its pilot workforce since the downturn, bringing back the last of the pilots available from its furlough list. With the additions, the company said, the combined workforce will top 750 pilots.

?This is a crucial time in deciding what the culture of this company will be going forward,? Ricci said in a letter to employees, adding: ?This is also a rare and unique opportunity to give the Flight Options pilots, after 10 years with the Teamsters, the ability to reestablish a direct relationship with the company.?

What? Establish a direct relationship with the company? I remember what happened last time-so no thanks. And the "employment contract" you are offering as the alternative "is not worth the paper it is written on". If your contract is going to be a better alternative than being represented by my fellow pilots at the 1108, where is it at so we can all see it for ourselves before the vote?

Latest resources

Back