• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Loved Airline in the U.S.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's called "Assigned Seating," all the other airlines have it.

If you want to sit together, you just purchase your seats next to
each other.

If you have ever bought seats on an airline besides Southwest, then you would know that they attempt to sell ALL of their seats. What happens when the only seats left on a seat map are the center seats? I guess we all sit next to each other only in a vertical sense. Have you ever bought full fare tickets in your life? You have about the same odds of sitting with a family member on Southwest, than you do on any other airline. If you are in the first 60 people to board a Southwest flight, then you will be able to sit next to a family member. If you are in the first 60 people to purchase a ticket on a Delta flight, then you will be able to sit next to a family member, unless you purchase the BASIC ECONOMY Fare, then your seat is assigned at check-in. I really have to explain this to you? FU(K!!! how stupid are you?

If you have ever bought seats on an airline besides Southwest, then you would know that they attempt to sell ALL of their seats. What happens when the only seats left on a seat map are the center seats? I guess we all sit next to each other only in a vertical sense. Have you ever bought full fare tickets in your life? You have about the same odds of sitting with a family member on Southwest, than you do on any other airline. If you are in the first 60 people to board a Southwest flight, then you will be able to sit next to a family member. If you are in the first 60 people to purchase a ticket on a Delta flight, then you will be able to sit next to a family member, unless you purchase the BASIC ECONOMY Fare, then your seat is assigned at check-in. I really have to explain this to you? FU(K!!! how stupid are you?

Maybe your Mom will let you go up and meet the pilots next time you
fly.
Maybe they can explain it to you.
She's probably embarrassed that you can't complete a paragraph without
using the "F Word."
But if you come up to the flight deck and talk like that I'm gonna throw
you and your mom off the plane!

Last edited:
fly.
using the "F Word."

Well here's an F word for ya, FU(K OFF!!!

fly.
using the "F Word."

Binge Drinking ?. :)

Punks that have no intellect or
education need to throw out the
"F-Bomb" in every sentence.

Just tired of these kids that come on here an
talk nonsense.

Canyon has his lips firmly attached to the LUV koolaid funnel. He takes it super personal when somebody points out his airlines shortcomings.....we all got em, but he gets sensitive.

How can anybody rationalize an open seating plan being better than assigned seats for putting families together?

Dropping F bombs and general petulence is what we come to expect of him.

How can anybody rationalize an open seating plan being better than assigned seats for putting families together?
Some love it, some hate it, just like anything else. There is a broad base of customers out there and they all have different wants and needs. Any way you look at it, the numbers speak for themselves. Southwest carries more domestic passengers than any other airline so there is more demand for SWA's product than any other US airline, even with what you consider to be flaws in the system.

I can tell you this, a couple of weeks ago I was chatting with one of the chaperones for a group of approximately 75 students taking a trip to Washington DC. She confided that the group chose Southwest specifically because of the lack of seat assignments. The kids were very excited to sit with whom they desired, be that friends or family members rather in a seat that was arbitrarily assigned.

Last edited:
Some love it, some hate it, just like anything else. There is a broad base of customers out there and they all have different wants and needs. Any way you look at it, the numbers speak for themselves. Southwest carries more domestic passengers than any other airline so there is more demand for SWA's product than any other US airline, even with what you consider to be flaws in the system.

I can tell you this, a couple of weeks ago I was chatting with one of the chaperones for a group of approximately 75 students taking a trip to Washington DC. She confided that the group chose Southwest specifically because of the lack of seat assignments. The kids were very excited to sit with whom they desired, be that friends or family members rather in a seat that was arbitrarily assigned.

All true points.....

Except the part about tipping your hat about the most domestic passengers....nobody cares. This is a tired argument. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but that is a like bragging about being the best High school football team in American Samoa.

The facts are, you carry more people on much much shorter stage lengths, (cue GL with an LBB reference....j/K) hence you hold that title.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but that is a like bragging about being the best High school football team in American Samoa.

Not tryin to piss in your wheaties, but that's a very poor analogy. I spent time there in the eighties, and there were 2 high schools. Those kids played with an intensity and ferocity I have never before witnessed in high school football, the last game of the season (The playoffs/championship) was attended by every college scout west of the mississippi. There's a reason there's a very high number of Samoans in pro football.

Latest resources

Back