• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Loved Airline in the U.S.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO, it's the crews and agents that make SWA a worthwhile choice - I've never had a cold reception from any of them.

As for the rest, it's alright, you know what you're getting into - a B737, cattle post boarding, and some the best people watching in the industry. Expectations are well managed, and you're not nickel and dimed to death.

As for the rest, it's alright, you know what you're getting into - a B737, cattle post boarding, and some the best people watching in the industry. Expectations are well managed, and you're not nickel and dimed to death.

Other airline crew often mention the SWA's 'cattle call/post boarding'. Let me ask you sincerely. Do you think there is a difference between Southwest boarding 'A1 through 30', or a legacy carrier boarding 'boarding group 6'? It's a same number of passengers all walking into the jetbridge.

Other airline crew often mention the SWA's 'cattle call/post boarding'. Let me ask you sincerely. Do you think there is a difference between Southwest boarding 'A1 through 30', or a legacy carrier boarding 'boarding group 6'? It's a same number of passengers all walking into the jetbridge.

Of course there's a difference. Sure the initial process is basically just as undignified, just sans the aluminum corral. However, when I've booked an exit row window - I'm getting my exit row window regardless of when I roll up to the Bombay rug bazaar at the gate area.

Of course there's a difference. Sure the initial process is basically just as undignified, just sans the aluminum corral.

There is a BIG difference. I occasionally commute offline and the other airlines boarding process is more like a free for all festival seating at a KISS concert. Now boarding "C" Group, don't get shoved away from the masses trying to get on first.

However, when I've booked an exit row window - I'm getting my exit row window regardless of when I roll up to the Bombay rug bazaar at the gate area

Well, many narrowbodies at every airline only have 2 to 4 exit row window seats. Whats your plan when those are gone on the seat map?

Well, many narrowbodies at every airline only have 2 to 4 exit row window seats. Whats your plan when those are gone on the seat map?

Pick whatever other seat strikes my fancy - appear at the gate before the flight closes. No biggie.

Yeah, you're a fu(king idiot if you think that sitting apart from family members never happens at other airlines. I swear there are some dimwitted people on this board that pretend to be pilots. :nuts:

It's called "Assigned Seating," all the other airlines have it.

If you want to sit together, you just purchase your seats next to
each other.

Since you must only fly on Southwest, I assume your mother or
father works there.

Maybe you can grow up to be a flight attendant too

It's called "Assigned Seating," all the other airlines have it.

If you want to sit together, you just purchase your seats next to
each other.

Since you must only fly on Southwest, I assume your mother or
father works there.

Maybe you can grow up to be a flight attendant too

SWA has something called business select , or something like that .

You and your family can get on first and sit anywhere you want to .

Also I do not think family's always gets to sit together on other airlines . Only the ones that purchase there ticket early .

Just saying :)

I'm not sure if Spirit does this, but at Allegiant, if you don't purchase a seat assignment in advance, the computer will purposely put you and your traveling partner in different ends of the cabin. The thought is that maybe next time they'll buy their seats like the CEO wants them to do.

Latest resources

Back