MESA PILOTS... (furlough) question from a newbie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

Thanks all. Im leaving tomorrow the looooong three-day drive across country to go back to Indiana to instruct. Got some students lined up already, even an MEI candidate, so that helps! Hopefully, we'll be back in class in mid-March like the recruiter thinks, but I can't take the risk of her being wrong. Clear the skies!!!

Back home again, in Indiana

N4niner206 said:
Thanks all. Im leaving tomorrow the looooong three-day drive across country to go back to Indiana to instruct. Got some students lined up already, even an MEI candidate, so that helps! Hopefully, we'll be back in class in mid-March like the recruiter thinks, but I can't take the risk of her being wrong. Clear the skies!!!
Smart move. Good thinking on your part.

Good luck with your students.

N4niner206

Good things happen sooner or later to good people, you sound like one of them.......

Even though your on probation typically a year after employment, your union rep can file a grevience on your behalf over this issue. They can also file a MEC level grevience on behalf of the four of you.

What a shi*ty story! At PSA we hired people and then made them wait for several months before going through training but they were getting paid the whole time! Unless you are furloughed or give your two weeks notice then you should be still collecting your pay guarantee it would seem to me. But what do I know..... man good luck to you.

N4,
My advice would be to look for another carrier to call home.

In the meantime, get a contract and read what the furlough section has to say. Mesa has to follow the language for you too, if you were given a hire date and were paid.

Stay on ALPA. Senority integrity is one of their biggest battle cries.

Best of luck to ya.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Im on my way back to Indiana to instruct. My plan is to do some instructing until I have my "recent" time up enough that I can interview at other airlines. I guess worst case scenario, is I end up having to wait to get into class at Mesa. I'll let you all know what happens. Thanks again for the input, its greatly appreciated!

Cory

As a 10 year alpa guy I say stay as far away as possible, there's nothing worse than ALPA's "Greater Good of the Union" attitude. Sadly it's just another bureaucracy.

Waitin' On LUV said:
As a 10 year alpa guy I say stay as far away as possible, there's nothing worse than ALPA's "Greater Good of the Union" attitude. Sadly it's just another bureaucracy.

You better change your name soon, ay??? Shouldn't it be Luv Waitin On ME

earl

Latest resources

Back