• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not going backwards in my career. I don't like this TA, but overall I think it is acceptable given what I see around me. ALPA has failed all of us. Compared to the other TAs recently, this is moving forward. Don't like it, but it was it is.

As we say in Boston... "What?! Are you retahded or something'?!?!"

Has anyone done a thorough analysis comparing the transfer of flying sections under the current TA, as compared to the current contracts that both pilot groups currently have? Is there much difference in the number of aircraft and rate of transfer between XJT and SkyWest under the current TA compared to the current contract? Are there any new protections for XJT pilots under the current TA that provide seamless transition to SkyWest without an interview, at current pay and seniority level, in the event of furloughs due to shrinking? This TA is useless already, not even considering the transfer of flying possibilities. If the new TA does not provide a guaranteed position at Skywest, at relative seniority and current pay scale in the event of furlough, due to air frame transfer, then it becomes even more ineffectual. I remember early last decade when some colleagues and I would talk of our plans for going to Delta or Southwest or Etc. We were not overly concerned with regional pilot contract provisions. That was for the guys who were staying at regional airlines. Then, a bunch of planes flew into a bunch of buildings. Then, an economic downturn occurred. We all may be transferring to the majors very soon, and we all may be here longer than we hope. Plan for the worst. Don't put your neck in the guillotine. Demand protection. Don't go backwards on work rules and QOL protections and languish in stagnant pay scales. You deserve more. We are SkyWest Incorporated. SKYW Inc can afford it. We can afford it together.

That "surejet" thing sure was funny. Just demonstrates how out of touch our management is with the workforce. Hopefully a solid turnout with the coming voting will duplicate this.
I think the ASA folks are generally onboard with the sentiment of overall disappointment at the TA. There are things in there however that are hidden somewhat, like the duty rigs, vacation low credit, alternate deadhead etc that many need to be educated on.
Having looked it over, its not what I first thought. I would rather hang on for a while with what we have, and send this back for some serious "renegotiation".

Last edited:
Has anyone done a thorough analysis comparing the transfer of flying sections under the current TA, as compared to the current contracts that both pilot groups currently have? Is there much difference in the number of aircraft and rate of transfer between XJT and SkyWest under the current TA compared to the current contract? Are there any new protections for XJT pilots under the current TA that provide seamless transition to SkyWest without an interview, at current pay and seniority level, in the event of furloughs due to shrinking? This TA is useless already, not even considering the transfer of flying possibilities. If the new TA does not provide a guaranteed position at Skywest, at relative seniority and current pay scale in the event of furlough, due to air frame transfer, then it becomes even more ineffectual. I remember early last decade when some colleagues and I would talk of our plans for going to Delta or Southwest or Etc. We were not overly concerned with regional pilot contract provisions. That was for the guys who were staying at regional airlines. Then, a bunch of planes flew into a bunch of buildings. Then, an economic downturn occurred. We all may be transferring to the majors very soon, and we all may be here longer than we hope. Plan for the worst. Don't put your neck in the guillotine. Demand protection. Don't go backwards on work rules and QOL protections and languish in stagnant pay scales. You deserve more. We are SkyWest Incorporated. SKYW Inc can afford it. We can afford it together.

The old cba required five crews per airplane above five planes. When the union signed the TPA a provision was added exempting aircraft that go to (or through) the lessor. Originally when the six -200s went to Skyw for the phx operation five to ten crews should've gone with the planes retaining their seniority. But since the lessor exclusion was added to the TPA Asa pilots were just offered interviews. Of course, when I inquired the company played dumb, which is no stretch and the MEC would not accept or return my calls. How this TA addresses fragmentation I don't know, but I suspect it's not in our favor.

The company has not made the case for a concessionary contract.

BUT...even if they did make the case for necessary cuts, FIRST they need to merge SkyWest Airlines and Expressjet Airlines to remove all unnecessary duplication, and SECOND management needs to take major paycuts. (BH just got a half-million dollar raise, and WE need to take cuts?) I don't see them working too hard on either. Therefore, real cost cutting is not deemed very important by the company for the survival of the company.

Big NO vote from me.

The company has not made the case for a concessionary contract.

BUT...even if they did make the case for necessary cuts, FIRST they need to merge SkyWest Airlines and Expressjet Airlines to remove all unnecessary duplication, and SECOND management needs to take major paycuts. (BH just got a half-million dollar raise, and WE need to take cuts?) I don't see them working too hard on either. Therefore, real cost cutting is not deemed very important by the company for the survival of the company.

Big NO vote from me.

^^^^^^ This.

Latest resources

Back