• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The old cba required five crews per airplane above five planes. When the union signed the TPA a provision was added exempting aircraft that go to (or through) the lessor. Originally when the six -200s went to Skyw for the phx operation five to ten crews should've gone with the planes retaining their seniority. But since the lessor exclusion was added to the TPA Asa pilots were just offered interviews. Of course, when I inquired the company played dumb, which is no stretch and the MEC would not accept or return my calls. How this TA addresses fragmentation I don't know, but I suspect it's not in our favor.

Thanks. I found a bullet point memo that the MEC sent by Email. It has some information on this topic, as well as a few other topics. We may see some issues when leases expire on some of our aircraft. It looks like there is no pilot protection for loss of aircraft due to lease expiration (as you mentioned). The bullet points for the TA are in the link below.

http://xjtjcba.alpa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=h5+9wxKd6PU=&tabid=7998

Here's a funny one in section 12. I can't push back 15 minutes after being dropped-off at the curb. That doesn't even give me time to take a dump after clearing security, let alone prepare an airliner for flight. We currently are guaranteed 45 minutes.

 Report times:
o 60 minutes in domicile.
o 45 minutes at outstation.
o May be reduced 15 minutes for FARs, rest period, or RX legality.
o Up to 120 minutes for charter flights.

Oakum_Boy said:
Pay me from brake released/doors closed- to brake set/door open, I'm amenable to an agreement.

What the heck are you talking about. The pay language is the same as it is now. Most of the issues you bring up aren't even issues.

From the contract bullet points:

• Block In Block Out current book for ERJ (Main Cabin Door) and CRJ (Aircraft Movement), new equipment will be CRJ language.
I was skeptical during the last contract negotiations because of the "aircraft movement" language, but I later rationalized that they just never removed some old language they never meant to use. But this new contract requiring new equipment to be CRJ language, means THEY INTEND TO USE THIS. This can add up to a loss of potentially HUNDREDS of dollars per paycheck.

There are quite a few things here that simply taken alone require a NO vote. Add them all up, and you gotta be kidding me.

I am guessing that "aircraft movement" thing would only affect you if you are going overblock, but that's beside the point. You would lose money.
Why should this be in the TA? Whatever is reported to Delta.com as the departure and arrival time should be the official statistic, and we should be paid for overblock. Just no way this should be acceptable in current form.

Count the number of times you have sat, all buttoned up ready to go, waiting for the ground crew to show up or finish the plane next to you, so you could push. Or what about ramp congestion? How many times have you called for push and been told to standby.

All that time is now your gift to brad holt.

Count the number of times you have sat, all buttoned up ready to go, waiting for the ground crew to show up or finish the plane next to you, so you could push. Or what about ramp congestion? How many times have you called for push and been told to standby.

All that time is now your gift to brad holt.
Correction...all that time is Brad Holt's attempted gift to himself. I say attempted because we won't be giving him this gift.

It's not uncommon to wait for 45 minutes in LGA for pushback. Who does he think he is asking me to babysit 76 people for 45 minutes for free? Even babysitters (watching just one kid) get paid seven bucks an hour!

NO.

Correction...all that time is Brad Holt's attempted gift to himself. I say attempted because we won't be giving him this gift.

It's not uncommon to wait for 45 minutes in LGA for pushback. Who does he think he is asking me to babysit 76 people for 45 minutes for free? Even babysitters (watching just one kid) get paid seven bucks an hour!

NO.
Your not babysitting, the FA is...

Your not babysitting, the FA is...

"YOU'RE"

And guess who's ultimately responsible for the FA and the passengers.

Because I'm not on the clock I won't be held responsible for everything that happens on that plane? Get a clue.

Latest resources

Back