• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Count the number of times you have sat, all buttoned up ready to go, waiting for the ground crew to show up or finish the plane next to you, so you could push. Or what about ramp congestion? How many times have you called for push and been told to standby.

All that time is now your gift to brad holt.

EXACTLY!!!!
Just one of the many reasons I am a. NO vote!!

In reality, our pay should begin 25 minutes prior to brake release. Twenty-five minutes is the minimal amount of time required to do a thorough pre-flight inspection and conduct all required pre-departure briefings, verifications, and checklists. That time is real work. Why do we give it away for $1.70 an hour? Now, they want to take even more.

"YOU'RE"

And guess who's ultimately responsible for the FA and the passengers.

Because I'm not on the clock I won't be held responsible for everything that happens on that plane? Get a clue.
Q: Guess who's ultimately responsible for the FA, passengers and pilots
A: The mechanics..

Q: Guess who's ultimately responsible for the FA, passengers and pilots
A: The mechanics..

So when it all goes south, they will call a mechanic in to the CPs office? "Your" sure about that?:rolleyes:

In reality, our pay should begin 25 minutes prior to brake release. Twenty-five minutes is the minimal amount of time required to do a thorough pre-flight inspection and conduct all required pre-departure briefings, verifications, and checklists. That time is real work. Why do we give it away for $1.70 an hour? Now, they want to take even more.

I'll go one better.
We should be paid from report in to report out!! Why do we work for free?

Has anyone determined what constitutes "aircraft movement," for block pay purposes on the CRJ? Is it when the push starts, or is it when the aircraft moves under its own power.

Latest resources

Back