• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if management gets us to accept concessions, they will probably award themselves even bigger raises for making it happen. Something stinks real bad with corporate America.

Copied from "another" message board. VERY well written

The scheduling section was developed with multiple drivers in mind. One of them was to improve our operational performance, which has suffered significantly over the past two years. Whereas ExpressJet was once considered among the most respected and dependable fee-for-departure carriers in the industry, our operational performance had suffered to the point that existing CPAs were threatened and any future CPAs were unlikely. The existing language of the L-XJT Contract 2004, which was crafted under the circumstance of that era, proved to be burdensome under the realities of 2013. The ability to demonstrate operational flexibility placed competing regional carriers at a significant operational advantage over ExpressJet. Therefore, the language reflects a balance between operational flexibility of the Company and protecting the pilots? quality of life and time scheduled away from work.

I wonder if the A tech team has any idea of what is actually causing delays. With our new company motto of doing more with less, you can only squeeze "efficiency" so far before some starts to slip through your fingers. Atc Delays, weather, maintenance, ground handling, crew connections, and the long list of other things that delay flights are all caused by the "burdensome 2004 scheduling contract?" They want us to be "phone liable" all the time. Throw in acars reassignments, official notification by "An employee of the Company, its major partners, or third party station personnel may contact a pilot with a message from the Company." It's pretty clear who they want to take the brunt of the burden for "fixing" the operation. What ever happened to getting a schedule and flying that schedule. Pairings are supposedly optimized by a high dollar software program, but the actual day arrives and now its up to crew scheduling to do better? The fact is the reassignments and rolled days off are only a byproduct of short staffing. Years ago, if your flight was significantly delayed, crew scheduling would call out a reserve crew to get the next flight out on time. Now they will wait five hours for the original crew to arrive. That is unless they can rob a crew from inside the airport that will most likely delay two flights. Most of the "crew" delays could be reduced or eliminated by hiring more pilots. "Reserve's" used be kept in reserve to cover the things the pop up at the last minute and cover for delays. Now we use reserves to make up for the lack of staffing. My first 6 years here I never had my day off rolled by crew schedulings choice. It was always due to something out their control. In the last couple of years I've lost track of how many times they rolled my day because there was "no one else." I know my one month record is three times. That's pretty sad when you only get 12 days off to begin with.

No, I'm sorry. It's not my fault that the decision to be understaffed hurts our on time performance. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Especially now that getting your day off restored is their choice. If our on time performance is our achilles heel to our current and future cpa's, then hire some more people. Being a dictator with my schedule isn't a solution to me.

Last edited:
And if management gets us to accept concessions, they will award themselves even bigger raises for making it happen. Something stinks real bad with corporate America.

Fixed it for ya :D

Corporate America has stunk for many years, hell look at Wal Mart and the way they abuse employees

NO! :mad:

After months of meeting and negotiations this what I pay my ALPA MEC for? 10 yrs with this company a legacy job and a crash pad in Kew Gardens NY doenst seem so bad.
ALPA, I cant wait for the road show.

NO

Sorry but an hourly Walmart employee is not a skilled worker in a career job. My neighbor is a GM of a Walmart store and makes low six figures. Keep your perspective. Commercial pilots are skilled workers expected to be professionals in a high risk environment, do not sell yourself short.

Fixed it for ya :D

Corporate America has stunk for many years, hell look at Wal Mart and the way they abuse employees

NO! :mad:

I would feel a whole lot better if ALPA didn't show up to the road shows and didn't try to sell this. Then I would know it was just them sending it out to us in order to make a decision. I have heard that Washington said get something done or they would park us. So the MEC just sent out this used piece of toilet paper. It is up to us to get the word out to the more junior crowd, I feel some I have spoken with don't understand the implications.

I would feel a whole lot better if ALPA didn't show up to the road shows and didn't try to sell this. Then I would know it was just them sending it out to us in order to make a decision. I have heard that Washington said get something done or they would park us. So the MEC just sent out this used piece of toilet paper. It is up to us to get the word out to the more junior crowd, I feel some I have spoken with don't understand the implications.

They would park us? Please elaborate and explain how that makes any sense.

Hey that's what I heard. The Guberment said get your act together or else. What comes after else I don't know. How in the hell do we know what they did, no one tells us anything.

Latest resources

Back