• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This TA is NOT moving forward. It may not be as bad as some other contracts but it is concessionary in every way.
-Any increase in pay rate is negated by new ways of calculating pay.
-MMG formulas for vacation will result in thousands of dollars lost.
-OCC mis-managers have complete control of off time on overnights.
-Pay increases at longer intervals for the few who get them.
-Total Skd control of alt dhd approval and release from duty.
-Clearly this has more to do with mgmt power trips than economics because simple qol improvements would cost them nothing.

You're really ok with being treated like that and losing thousands of dollars per year to boot?

Reserve CAs flying as FO's? Really? This was blocked at the CMO level a while back as there are separate trainable items for Category ILS approaches. Now, because the company can't staff, we put a reserve Captain flying a cat II approach to 1200 RVR on day 6, leg 5 at the end of a 10 hour day and FAR 117 minimum legal overnight, then not train them for the procedure as accomplished from the right seat, thus relying on memorized procedures. Checklists, from a Human Factors perspective (as many of you know I'm finishing a Masters in this next semester) prevents reliance upon memorized procedures, however this is no official checklist for this other than a QRH "briefing". The company preached SMS program has a risk level now that has increased significantly.

After fully starting a turnkey part 91 flight department including at least 1 turbojet powered airplane, routinely flying between left and right seats, is no big deal. However, if this is not accomplished at routine intervals, presents a far higher risk and much tougher to mitigate in the "threat and error management" mantra that the company tries to preach. The concept is great, as long as its bought off on in its entirety, which obviously, its not. So, something was given up in the interest of safety in terms of ALPA, and something was conceded for safety on behalf of the company.

Bryan

You're quote was:

"This isn't that great of a job anyway."

This TA is very close to the current book. I think it is slightly better, but it is very close either way. I don't understand why you would stay here that long if you don't think this is "that great of a job anyway". Something doesn't add up.

I don't like the TA. However I don't really understand why somebody like you stayed here so long and now all of a sudden this job isn't "that great".

The TA isn't "regressive". It isn't what I want. It isn't much of an increase. But it really isn't much different than what we have. Given what our fellow pilots have negotiated, how is this so much worse than what we currently have. How will voting it down help our situation.

How is this close to current book? I see nothing but things being taken away that we currently have. Other than payrates not going down. What is current book about this?

So, how to we dump our Union. They don't support me so why should I have to support them with my dues. We need to dump them and get one list with skywest.

You're not going to like it.

Why would you answer someone who asks you a direct question like "why....whats the alternative" with "your not gonna like it"

Why the secretive cryptic answer? Either you dont have a clue or you are being a azz!! What do you think you know? What have you learned "from talking to the reps" and why cant you discuss it here?

Haven't looked at it yet but what's the IP section like? Are they taking any hits? What about our union folks, they 'loose'any of that 6 hr min day crap, or anything else? What, if any, did the Co give them for signing off on this POS agreement? A lot of reading to do.

NO NO NO!

Why would you answer someone who asks you a direct question like "why....whats the alternative" with "your not gonna like it"

Why the secretive cryptic answer? Either you dont have a clue or you are being a azz!! What do you think you know? What have you learned "from talking to the reps" and why cant you discuss it here?

Probally a mgt puke or someone in training whose section didn't take a hit.

NO!

This TA is very close to the current book. I think it is slightly better, but it is very close either way. I don't understand why you would stay here that long if you don't think this is "that great of a job anyway". Something doesn't add up.

The TA isn't "regressive". It isn't what I want. It isn't much of an increase. But it really isn't much different than what we have. Given what our fellow pilots have negotiated, how is this so much worse than what we currently have. How will voting it down help our situation.

This TA is not close to 'current book' and is regressive in several instances. PBS is pretty much gutted. If you set your PCT to less than 75 and are awarded less that is your new MMG. No more 30 hour window, just 15-20. Vacation Low language sucks.

Reserve language not improved. Instead of 6 GDO, there are only 3 or 4 depending on your 'first set of days off'. Still can sit ready 6 times a month (now just 6 hours, small improvement). Min day still same, duty rigs only apply to CDO (get ready for long breaks). This thing is a joke.

I thought at least reserves would get thrown a bone...But no..

-Fewer immovable days.
-Harder to make money on reserve- if you will go over mmg they will skip you for assignments.
-Reserves have an "aggressive" pickup window but you cannot pickup trips if it will put you over mmg. So whats the point of pickup??
-Forced reserve lines created even if there is open time available to create a line.
-Company has greater power to contact pilots.
-Still only 11 days off in months with less than 31 days.

I would be ok with the reserve rules if instead of referencing mmg the limits reference tlv- at least that would be fairer.

Latest resources

Back