• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My question to you is why are you willing to give into fear-mongering and go backwards in your career? Stability at a company that is inevitably going to shrink no matter how the vote goes?

I'm not going backwards in my career. I don't like this TA, but overall I think it is acceptable given what I see around me. ALPA has failed all of us. Compared to the other TAs recently, this is moving forward. Don't like it, but it was it is.

So what did they tell you to make you vote yes?

That given the recent agreements signed by other ALPA carriers this is as good as a contract gets. Without a JCBA, they are of the firm belief that the winddown will begin. They don't like it, but they believe it is what will happen. I know many of these guys, and I respect their opinion.

I'm just so glad the here on the LXJT side we get a 75 hour MMG with vacation trip drops and the ASA side gets a 65 hour MMG, we keep our retirement over 3 years ASA doesn't drag us down even more by getting it and our Ins costs won't be as much! Yeah ...that was suppose to be a joke but yeah we get slowly phased out ASA gets nothin! Bring on the threats Co and union!

Why have you stayed so long if this isn't a great job?

Fair question. My answer is that is an "acceptable" job. Not great, and certainly not with the regressive TA they have presented.

Do you really want to be subject to being notified by a ramper about your being extended?

Having to check your messages and providing contact information on your layover?

Having your vacation "postponed" with 15 days notice?

Not given one iota of a raise on the 700 for the next 5+ years?

Being required to furnish a sick note?

Being paid only during aircraft movement? (Yes, this is the plan)

I haven't even begun to dig into the scheduling section.

It's a horrible agreement, and I firmly believe the plan to shrink the airline will happen one way or another. I'm still young enough to have 20+ years at a major or whomever will have me that has a better CBA. I have a degree and plenty of flight time. I stayed because I felt I was treated fairly and I enjoy my seniority. This agreement proves to me they will be changing that. Significantly.

fair question. My answer is that is an "acceptable" job. Not great, and certainly not with the regressive ta they have presented.

Do you really want to be subject to being notified by a ramper about your being extended?

Having to check your messages and providing contact information on your layover?

Having your vacation "postponed" with 15 days notice?

Not given one iota of a raise on the 700 for the next 5+ years?

Being required to furnish a sick note?

Being paid only during aircraft movement? (yes, this is the plan)

i haven't even begun to dig into the scheduling section.

It's a horrible agreement, and i firmly believe the plan to shrink the airline will happen one way or another. I'm still young enough to have 20+ years at a major or whomever will have me that has a better cba. I have a degree and plenty of flight time. I stayed because i felt i was treated fairly and i enjoy my seniority. This agreement proves to me they will be changing that. Significantly.

..+1..

After reading the unions bullet points it is even worse than thought.

"It should be noted that the vacation section was negotiated prior to the terms of the Endeavor (formerly Pinnacle) agreement, and the scope agreements at Delta and United. This section is one of the best representations of merging language from the two properties. The Company did not seek any concessions in this section and accepted most of the language developed through our internal JNC negotiations."

So the union decided to F the ASA pilots and reduce vacation low to a 65 hour MMG and then limit usage. All the while the XJT guys keep their vacation status quo??? WTF is going on over there?

I also like if you set your PCT below 75 and your line is below 75 your MMG is reduced. WTF??? After reading the bullet points it seems the company convinced the union to reduce or eliminate all the good things with our PBS. If this passes, PBS will start to suck balls. The window moves to 15 or 20 hours instead of 30. This is complete shyt.

Raises every 1 1/2 years, small ones at that. Hats? We have to wear fuc@&$g hats now because DAL does?

NO!

Remember when Skywest and Jerry promised to transfer the 700's soon after they purchased us? They did, 2, I think, and then they decided it was a lot more expensive to do than they thought and made excuses otherwise until they answered q's with the analyst and the truth came out.

Like others have stated, plenty of non monetary concessions that are simply not needed other than control to treat us like high school kids asking for a pass to go to the bathroom.

No!

Like others have stated, plenty of non monetary concessions that are simply not needed other than control to treat us like high school kids asking for a pass to go to the bathroom.

No!

THIS!

I feel like I'm being asked to put myself in the penitentiary to be violated by some knuckle-dragging G.O. goon.

Latest resources

Back