• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

leave them alone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many Mesa employees felt sorry for Aloha going under...

I have witnessed numerous crewmembers in airports who made me embarrassed that the public (most of whom only see the legacy carrier's name on the paint) might associate them with myself and my airline; ALL of them were Mesa crew. Like the idiot who showed up on my plane looking like he'd rolled in the dirt in his uniform and had the gall to ask for the jumpseat. Or the FA wearing a miniskirt and Docs. No pantyhose. Or how about the geniuses smoking under the jetbridge next to ours in the Fox alley in ORD yesterday??? See a pilot in DEN or ORD carrying a backpack... most often Mesa. (Although occasionally I see an almighty MAINLINE, yes, a UAL pilot pulling that one, too). Yeah, really glad UAL's going for that "seamless service" and tying us all to Mesa. Prove to me that your airline has more than just a handful of real professionals holding it up and I'll feel a little more sorry you're operation's going down the tubes.

I wonder how many Mesa employees felt sorry for Aloha going under...

99.9% probably.

The fact that you even posed this question says far more about you than it does about Mesa pilots.

News flash: Airlines don't really care about what their contracted lift providers look like. They want it reliable, and they want it cheap. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Actual airlines have bigger problems beyond what the contracted help look like.

99.9% probably.

The fact that you even posed this question says far more about you than it does about Mesa pilots.

News flash: Airlines don't really care about what their contracted lift providers look like. They want it reliable, and they want it cheap. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Actual airlines have bigger problems beyond what the contracted help look like.

Well, at least Mesa is cheap. Must not be that reliable, if they're getting booted by their mainline partners. Maybe cheap isn't everything... you get what you pay for.

Well, at least Mesa is cheap. Must not be that reliable, if they're getting booted by their mainline partners. Maybe cheap isn't everything... you get what you pay for.

True 'dat. Airlines write the contracts, the rented lift (and it's rental help, not an airline) agrees to meet them, and if it doesn't, the penalties are clearly spelled out.

Mesa has done well with this model for the past decade. If they're failing to meet their contractual obligations, they deserve whatever penalties they agreed to. I doubt, however, that those contracts included a maximum gel-to-hair ratio, or a specification on how the pilots carry their manuals around, or a maximum BMI requirement for flight attendants.

Will future RFP's include these requirements? Maybe . . . but that will add "value" to the contract, and the real airlines will have to pay for it. In today's environment, it's highly unlikely that any actual airline will want to pay more for this sort of thing.

True 'dat. Airlines write the contracts, the rented lift (and it's rental help, not an airline) agrees to meet them, and if it doesn't, the penalties are clearly spelled out.

Mesa has done well with this model for the past decade. If they're failing to meet their contractual obligations, they deserve whatever penalties they agreed to. I doubt, however, that those contracts included a maximum gel-to-hair ratio, or a specification on how the pilots carry their manuals around, or a maximum BMI requirement for flight attendants.

Will future RFP's include these requirements? Maybe . . . but that will add "value" to the contract, and the real airlines will have to pay for it. In today's environment, it's highly unlikely that any actual airline will want to pay more for this sort of thing.

That is priceless.....:laugh:

The pilots of Mesa are good people but with the way the industry is going there will be regionals going out of business and good riddens Mesa.. MESA Sucks.... Mesa has done nothing for the industry but cause problems, caused others to go out of business and is run by one stupid CEO.. Good riddens Mesa, and good luck to all its employees except mgmt

Latest resources

Back